Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GVA / Geneva, Switzerland BA oneworld Lounge (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Arrival lounge/Shower in GVA?

Arriving on LX J. Even though GVA is like my 2nd (or 3rd whatever...) home never needed to run straight to a meeting. Something similar to the Allegra lounge in ZRH?

THX (relevance to this forum is AA ticket, EXP perk and I don't surf other airline forums, apologies in advance)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For related threads in the BA Forum, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...w-airside.html
(Sept 2009)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ounge-gva.html (general discussion)

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jun 11, 2010 at 5:12 pm Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:03 pm

Hello,
I used to live in Geneva.... There are public, coin operated showers in the baggage claim area, after they check your passport but before customs. I have no idea how much they cost, but believe it is 5-10chf. Though I have never been in one, I would assume they are as spotless as everything else in Switzerland...

However, I do not think there is any way to access the airport lounges on the arrival side. Upon arrival, you may be able to go up the stairs before passport control, which dump you out in the airside shopping area, but I know for a fact the Swiss Business Lounge, BA Lounge, LH Senator Lounge do not have shower facilities. Swiss First might, and there is a Priority Pass type lounge as well, but I have no idea about them...

Good Luck!
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Hello,
I used to live in Geneva.... There are public, coin operated showers in the baggage claim area, after they check your passport but before customs. I have no idea how much they cost, but believe it is 5-10chf. Though I have never been in one, I would assume they are as spotless as everything else in Switzerland...

However, I do not think there is any way to access the airport lounges on the arrival side. Upon arrival, you may be able to go up the stairs before passport control, which dump you out in the airside shopping area, but I know for a fact the Swiss Business Lounge, BA Lounge, LH Senator Lounge do not have shower facilities. Swiss First might, and there is a Priority Pass type lounge as well, but I have no idea about them...

Good Luck!
THX, that's all I need. You forgot to mention "and everything costs at least 5-10chf and closes at 4pm...". The funniest Swiss thing is if your apartment is broken into and you call the police you then get a 1500Chf for them coming to investigate...

I went to school in Lausanne and worked for a Swiss company so am back there often.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Hello,

Good Luck!

You were close just change the minus sign to a plus sign. And to get this 15chf token you had to go to the other side of baggage pick up. Of course they Won't accept CC and to withdraw money you have to go through customs....
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:05 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Post GVA BA Terraces Report

A brief summary for AA flyers, to supplement the information in the BA threads linked from the OP:

I was here a couple months ago. After clearing security, the lounge is to the right upstairs. It's a small lounge, with windows that overlook one of the moving walkways. The usual assortment of drinks were out in the afternoon, along with a rather disappointing selection of individually packaged cookies, no sandwiches. Free wifi is available, but requires an access code that you text to yourself from the access page. Boarding announcements are made in the lounge, which was about a 5 minute walk from the gate, where the boarding scrum seemed to be already in process.

Overall, nothing to write home about, but probably still better than waiting at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.