AA and Alaska

Old Oct 27, 05, 9:26 am
Original Poster

AA and Alaska

Anyone used First in Alaska Airlines? comparable to AA (space wise...i've noticed that NW has less pitch than AA)
Can we upgrade with our eupgrs on Alaska?
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:40 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Colombo
Anyone used First in Alaska Airlines? comparable to AA (space wise...i've noticed that NW has less pitch than AA)
Comparable to AA 757s and MD-80s. Dig-e-players for IFE on long segments (transcon, soon on Lower 48-ANC segs, SEA-DFW?) No soy nuts.

No on AA upgrades.
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:42 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tickers+alaska
Old Oct 27, 05, 12:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I fly both frequently from Seattle. Less legroom on AS in first class, but AS has DigiPlayers on transcons, AA on 757 sometimes has one movie, on MD80 has nothing. No, you can not use your AA upgrades on AS. Food is hit-or-miss on both.
Old Oct 27, 05, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Whatever happened to the plan to put digiplayers on AA flights? Just curious but back to the thread. I have been told and never tried it, but if space is available at the gate you can sometimes pay a nominal fee to upgrade on AS.
Old Oct 27, 05, 2:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by chsb
Whatever happened to the plan to put digiplayers on AA flights? Just curious but back to the thread. I have been told and never tried it, but if space is available at the gate you can sometimes pay a nominal fee to upgrade on AS.
Yes, sometimes you can pay at the gate, but it's an extremely rare option. Most first class seats seem filled with either paying passengers or MVP and MVP/Gold upgrades.
Old Jan 20, 08, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on the comparison between AA and AS on transcon flights (specifically NYC-SEA)? It seems AS may have recently upgraded their catering.
What does AA offer for dinner on 2-class transcons? I've actually never flown one on AA! (Only CO which is excellent but whose schedule doesn't work for me this trip.)
Old Jan 21, 08, 12:13 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Any updates on the comparison between AA and AS on transcon flights (specifically NYC-SEA)? It seems AS may have recently upgraded their catering.
What does AA offer for dinner on 2-class transcons? I've actually never flown one on AA! (Only CO which is excellent but whose schedule doesn't work for me this trip.)
I've always liked AS's F catering, and have heard that it is being souped up a bit. Any reports?
Old Jan 24, 08, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Transcon dinner on AA is usually a choice of two or three entrees and is pretty good. You get the full service with real silverwear, menu, and bigger pillows, etc.
Old Jan 25, 08, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Upgrades on AS are $50 per 750 miles, but unlike AA, you don't have to be elite to get them on the cheap fares.

Search this Thread