AA and Alaska

 
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:26 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baltimore; AA Plat
Posts: 315
AA and Alaska

Anyone used First in Alaska Airlines? comparable to AA (space wise...i've noticed that NW has less pitch than AA)
Can we upgrade with our eupgrs on Alaska?
Colombo is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:40 am
  #2  
Moderator, OneWorld
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SEA
Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Posts: 10,228
Originally Posted by Colombo
Anyone used First in Alaska Airlines? comparable to AA (space wise...i've noticed that NW has less pitch than AA)
Can we upgrade with our eupgrs on Alaska?
Comparable to AA 757s and MD-80s. Dig-e-players for IFE on long segments (transcon, soon on Lower 48-ANC segs, SEA-DFW?) No soy nuts.

No on AA upgrades.
Gardyloo is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:42 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Land of 10,000 Upgrades
Posts: 9,465
Originally Posted by Colombo
Can we upgrade with our eupgrs on Alaska?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tickers+alaska
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tickers+alaska
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tickers+alaska
UpgradeMe is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 12:55 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Posts: 4,909
Originally Posted by Colombo
Anyone used First in Alaska Airlines? comparable to AA (space wise...i've noticed that NW has less pitch than AA)
Can we upgrade with our eupgrs on Alaska?
I fly both frequently from Seattle. Less legroom on AS in first class, but AS has DigiPlayers on transcons, AA on 757 sometimes has one movie, on MD80 has nothing. No, you can not use your AA upgrades on AS. Food is hit-or-miss on both.
BLI-Flyer is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 2:00 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Posts: 1,370
Whatever happened to the plan to put digiplayers on AA flights? Just curious but back to the thread. I have been told and never tried it, but if space is available at the gate you can sometimes pay a nominal fee to upgrade on AS.
chsb is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 2:46 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Posts: 4,909
Originally Posted by chsb
Whatever happened to the plan to put digiplayers on AA flights? Just curious but back to the thread. I have been told and never tried it, but if space is available at the gate you can sometimes pay a nominal fee to upgrade on AS.
Yes, sometimes you can pay at the gate, but it's an extremely rare option. Most first class seats seem filled with either paying passengers or MVP and MVP/Gold upgrades.
BLI-Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 20, 08, 8:42 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 23,376
Any updates on the comparison between AA and AS on transcon flights (specifically NYC-SEA)? It seems AS may have recently upgraded their catering.
What does AA offer for dinner on 2-class transcons? I've actually never flown one on AA! (Only CO which is excellent but whose schedule doesn't work for me this trip.)
ijgordon is offline  
Old Jan 21, 08, 12:13 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DC
Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Posts: 747
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Any updates on the comparison between AA and AS on transcon flights (specifically NYC-SEA)? It seems AS may have recently upgraded their catering.
What does AA offer for dinner on 2-class transcons? I've actually never flown one on AA! (Only CO which is excellent but whose schedule doesn't work for me this trip.)
I've always liked AS's F catering, and have heard that it is being souped up a bit. Any reports?
jfhscott is offline  
Old Jan 24, 08, 10:36 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Any updates on the comparison between AA and AS on transcon flights (specifically NYC-SEA)? It seems AS may have recently upgraded their catering.
What does AA offer for dinner on 2-class transcons? I've actually never flown one on AA! (Only CO which is excellent but whose schedule doesn't work for me this trip.)
Transcon dinner on AA is usually a choice of two or three entrees and is pretty good. You get the full service with real silverwear, menu, and bigger pillows, etc.
mysteryman2007 is offline  
Old Jan 25, 08, 1:32 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Posts: 19,302
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Whatever happened to the plan to put digiplayers on AA flights? Just curious but back to the thread. I have been told and never tried it, but if space is available at the gate you can sometimes pay a nominal fee to upgrade on AS.
Upgrades on AS are $50 per 750 miles, but unlike AA, you don't have to be elite to get them on the cheap fares.
mvoight is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread