About to hit 3M miles on AA

 
Old Oct 24, 05, 11:55 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Chair Pref, Marriott Plat Premier
Posts: 14
About to hit 3M miles on AA

Anything magic happen when you hit 3 million miles on AA? I'm almost there.

Mileage Summary Summary Date: Oct 2005
Program to Date Miles: 2,994,566
YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 236,771
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 167,716
YTD Gold / Platinum Qualifying Segments: 70
spongebob56 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 05, 12:06 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Posts: 5,800
You remain Lifetime PLT. There is no lifetime EXP.
You get some new luggage tags with the 3MM in the circle. And a new EXP card.
You get 4 additional threshold eVIPs (just like at 2MM and 4MM and 5MM and all subsequent MM thresholds) that are the same as your EXP ones. They may take up to two weeks to post as this is a different cycle than the EXP qual/requal processing.
You are better than a 2MMer in your mind! Tho not in any other priority (ala upgrade list) standpoint!

You will also need to change your special EXP/2MM handshake and co-member greeting. This comes in the Congrats Package.

Thinks thats about it. Now REMEMBER when you get your new luggage tags, when you put the item in the overhead compartment, make certain that the 3MM luggage tag is clearly visible to all others as they walk thru the cabin. Even better, work it so that the tag hangs out of the overhead a little bit and the FA has to move it so that the bin can be shut!
JGR01 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 05, 12:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 3,752
Originally Posted by JGR01

Thinks thats about it. Now REMEMBER when you get your new luggage tags, when you put the item in the overhead compartment, make certain that the 3MM luggage tag is clearly visible to all others as they walk thru the cabin. Even better, work it so that the tag hangs out of the overhead a little bit and the FA has to move it so that the bin can be shut!

Of course if she doesn't move it - she'll just shut the bin on it and crack the tag
FlyAO2 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 05, 12:45 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC/BOS/MSY/AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,481
Originally Posted by JGR01
You remain Lifetime PLT. There is no lifetime EXP.
You get some new luggage tags with the 3MM in the circle. And a new EXP card.
You get 4 additional threshold eVIPs (just like at 2MM and 4MM and 5MM and all subsequent MM thresholds) that are the same as your EXP ones. They may take up to two weeks to post as this is a different cycle than the EXP qual/requal processing.
You are better than a 2MMer in your mind! Tho not in any other priority (ala upgrade list) standpoint!

You will also need to change your special EXP/2MM handshake and co-member greeting. This comes in the Congrats Package.

Thinks thats about it. Now REMEMBER when you get your new luggage tags, when you put the item in the overhead compartment, make certain that the 3MM luggage tag is clearly visible to all others as they walk thru the cabin. Even better, work it so that the tag hangs out of the overhead a little bit and the FA has to move it so that the bin can be shut!
Don't shortchange the guy: you also get a congratulatory email.
Blumie is offline  
Old Oct 24, 05, 2:52 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAS - (BWI/DCA/IAD)
Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Posts: 3,086
Originally Posted by spongebob56
Anything magic happen when you hit 3 million miles on AA? I'm almost there.

Mileage Summary Summary Date: Oct 2005
Program to Date Miles: 2,994,566
YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 236,771
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 167,716
YTD Gold / Platinum Qualifying Segments: 70
Congrats!! You will get more E-VIPs, and who doesn't want those? AA should give you more for having more points as compared to miles -- this shows that you pay full-fare or premium cabin.
777-DCA is offline  
Old Oct 25, 05, 6:56 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
Posts: 166
Wow - I am quite impressed with the YTD Elite Qualifying Points ...

Did anyone here collect more EQP's this year ??
DutchMember is offline  
Old Oct 25, 05, 8:25 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bellevue, WA-AAEXP3mm
Posts: 2,962
Congrats in advance on 3MM; just went over 2mm a few weeks back. Yep, as Blumie said, you get a nice e-mail from Kurt Stache:

Dear fredmartens,
Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.

We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thanks for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.


Yours truly,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
fredmartens is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 2:56 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: spg-plat, aa-1mm and exp,hh-Diamond,hyatt-gld
Posts: 165
hey guys!

At least AA acknowledges our achievement! Other airlines apparently do nothing. In my book something is better than zero! Besides, i quite liked getting the e-mail.
lestismore is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 3:09 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LAX
Programs: AA 2.5MM, UA Gold, KE MC, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 98
e-mail? what e-mail?

I received the package and all, but never got an e-mail from AA.
Fennie2578 is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 8:02 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC/BOS/MSY/AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,481
Originally Posted by Fennie2578
I received the package and all, but never got an e-mail from AA.
It was no big deal. I received a congratulatory email from AA when I crossed the 3 million mile threshhold a few months ago. The fact that you didn't get it may have something to do with the "preferences" on your AAdvantage account (for example, do you receive you AAdvantage statement by email?). In any event, it just wasn't a big deal.
Blumie is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 8:13 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Posts: 5,800
The thing I think is pretty funny about the e-mail (I got one in Sept crossing 4MM) is that the e-mail does not drop in the NUMBER of million miles you have crossed!

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level

Pretty poor merge programming!

Kinda takes the wind out of your sales as you open the e-mail to find a 'generic' almost mass mail quallity e-mail!! Congratulations.. you um . .. well .. um .. you did something 'special' but we dont care enough about it to tell you HOW special it was!
JGR01 is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 10:26 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 22,089
Originally Posted by JGR01
The thing I think is pretty funny about the e-mail (I got one in Sept crossing 4MM) is that the e-mail does not drop in the NUMBER of million miles you have crossed!

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level

Pretty poor merge programming!...
Far from the only place AA doesn't use information in its database. I got a letter congratulating me on qualifying for Platinum when I crossed 50K Q-miles this summer, when their database could tell them I'm already lifetime PLT as 2MM. I've also gotten letters congratulating me on the same accomplishment when I was EXP and would therefore have been PLT the next year with no flying at all. (OK, maybe they don't want to advertise that, but it's not exactly a secret to folks who fly enough to be EXP - not just FTers.) There are many other examples.
Efrem is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread