Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: Various
I just wanted to check on couple of things in this thread. I'm flying out of LAX's T4 on QF108 next month (in J), so wanted to find out about baggage screening.

- Does LAX's T4 still have checked baggage screening machines out on the checkin floor, right? I hope so as I'd like to be there when they screen the baggages.

There are screeners on the Ticketing level in T4, yes. You generally check in at the desk and they tag your luggage. You then carry the luggage over to the screening area (sometimes there are porters that will take it for you as a courtesy) Mind you, I nearly always use the QF side of the ticket counters that are set up for elite AA pax, not sure how it works for QF pax but I think you can use this area. Facing the ticket counters, go to the right into what looks like another section of the terminal. This is where you can check in for the QF flight.

- It sounds like I might be asked to use the 'general' checked baggage screening machine, instead of the one for premium paxs, west of the screening point for T4?

See above, "West of screening point?" hard to say N, S, E, or W, but it's the other section of T4 building. If not sure, ask one of the folks in a red jacket where the Business and F/C check in is.
- And while I'm still here, does anyone remember whether IAD and YVR (both AA) has checked baggage screening machines out on the checkin floor or not?

Sorry can't help with those airports.

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Thanks, Robt760, it sounds like it hasn't changed much since I was last in T4 a few years ago.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT; Hilton Gold VIP; Hertz Gold Club
- And while I'm still here, does anyone remember whether IAD and YVR (both AA) has checked baggage screening machines out on the checkin floor or not?
Yes -- IAD has the machines on the checkin floor. They are almost on top of the AA ticket counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.