Wiki Posts
Search

YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 49,999

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, AA Ex. Plat, UA 1K
YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 49,999

So close and yet so far. I'll end up making it, but geez, it is a bit frustrating to be pounding on the door, but not quite past the threshold.

Does anyone think that AA will comp me the point (Just kidding)
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel less lonely now at YTD EQP=49923. On 11/8, the pain will cease and I'll be PLT until 2/2007. Then I can worry about getting UAL to match.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:13 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Whining or bragging?

If today were 12/31/05 I would pound harder on the door and Arpey might hear you!

Since there are over two months in the year left, you can still get EXP if you really try!

Or for that matter.. maybe all you want is the one extra mile. That should be pretty simple.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:03 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=JGR01]Whining or bragging?

No whining on my part. More of an expression of amusement than anything else. If I had TRIED to get exactly 49,999, I wouldn't have been able to.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:12 am

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Golden!

No worries, pentop, you are golden -- I mean platinum. Now work on EXP.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
You will get the 100% Plat bonus instead of the 25% Gold on your next flight. The only other significant difference than I can think of would be if your next flight were international in coach. If Plat, you could get club access. If that is your situation, I would think if you printed out a copy of your statement and asked the lounge dragon nicely, you would get admitted. If that is not your situation, I can't see where it will change your life in any significant way, so just kick back and enjoy the ride. Plat will come to you, you don't have to chase it.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 3:32 pm

i am about 750 points short of exp
i will not be taking any chances, thats why ig going to LAS for a night

dont risk it
Old Oct 25, 2005, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that AA rounds up 50 miles or points for determining if you have reached the nominal 25/50/100K. (This is not the full year-end review, where the leeway has historically been 500 miles/points for Gold, 1,000 for PLT/EXP.) Perhaps pentop could tell us if his/her Platinum status posts before his/her next flight does, so we can either confirm or discredit this.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

So far as of this morning, I'm still gold. Is AA like DL in that they will only run status updates once per week? DL does this late Friday night/early Saturday so even though they do real time posting of miles (you could learn something here AA), status itself is not real time. I'm assuming AA is similar.

I'll keep you posted.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by pentop
So far as of this morning, I'm still gold. Is AA like DL in that they will only run status updates once per week? DL does this late Friday night/early Saturday so even though they do real time posting of miles (you could learn something here AA), status itself is not real time. I'm assuming AA is similar.
No. Status generally rolls the same day as the miles pushing you to that limit (though often not at the same time). I have a feeling that Efrem is correct in that there is a 50 mile grace, but it's possible that you may have to call and inquire about the rollover.

Mike
Old Oct 25, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT; CO Gold
Originally Posted by nako
No. Status generally rolls the same day as the miles pushing you to that limit (though often not at the same time). I have a feeling that Efrem is correct in that there is a 50 mile grace, but it's possible that you may have to call and inquire about the rollover.
I called AAdvantage customer service last week and an upcoming trip happened to come up in conversation, a trip that would leave me something like 45 miles short of PLT. The agent I was speaking with said (without prompting) to call back after the miles from that trip had posted and maybe I could be bumped up to PLT at that point.

I can't imagine why he would have told me that if there isn't some leeway there, but I have no idea if it would have actually worked.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pentop

I'll keep you posted.
AA usually does twice per week: on tue nights and on sat nights.but it's better to check on mondays cuz usually when you check on sun on top of your balances tab in red it's written that they are working on it and YMMV!
Old Oct 25, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
An AAgent told me that typically, if you are very close to the mark, they will push you over the top. You shouldn't have any problems
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM: PLAT
Thumbs up

No whining on my part. More of an expression of amusement than anything else. If I had TRIED to get exactly 49,999, I wouldn't have been able to.[/QUOTE]

I AGREE!! Too funny.....! ^
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Just to add a bit of closure to this... As other suggested above, I considered calling and asking to be bumped up to Plat status, but never got around to it. I took another flight this week, and finally the miles posted.

I didn't roll over into Plat until the odometer rolled over 50,000 miles. Thus, while agents may be able to force someone's status into the next higher level if you ask nicely, the system will not automatically bump you to the next level until you hit that magic threshold.

Originally Posted by Efrem
I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that AA rounds up 50 miles or points for determining if you have reached the nominal 25/50/100K. (This is not the full year-end review, where the leeway has historically been 500 miles/points for Gold, 1,000 for PLT/EXP.) Perhaps pentop could tell us if his/her Platinum status posts before his/her next flight does, so we can either confirm or discredit this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.