OK to cut AA.com web boarding passes in half?

Old Oct 22, 05, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.44MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.53MM)
OK to cut AA.com web boarding passes in half?

More often than not the gate agent rips mine in half on the dotted line...I asked one agent if it was OK to do it myself to save time during the boarding process...she said sure but don't want to assume that is AA policy..
Old Oct 22, 05, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
It should be fine. I've never done this with AA but do it all the time with US since they keep the other half of the boarding pass. AA always scans mine and lets me keep the whole thing.
Old Oct 22, 05, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by zsmith2
AA always scans mine and lets me keep the whole thing.
Likewise, they've never torn mine either. I would think it would really slow down the line. Printed on the pass is that they "may retain part of the boarding document", so I'd assume that means you could always keep one half. I've never seen any printed word on this though.
Old Oct 23, 05, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
I've done it myself and had no problems, they just scan it anyway, as long as it scans correctly I don't think it matters.
Old Oct 23, 05, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I would guess they only tear it when they keep the large half of the normal boarding passes. This seldom happens to me when departing the U.S., but it does occassionally happen (when boarding late, when the machine is on the fritz, LGA, etc.).
Old Oct 23, 05, 11:25 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Non-web BPs only have one part so you should be fine, as long as you don't need the GA to hand you a receipt as is the case when you present a non-web BP.
Old Oct 23, 05, 1:40 pm
21A

The half-BP seems more common on Eagle. In particular, Eagle out of LAX always seems to keep half. (Same was true in SJU, I think.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: