Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Award inventory on EF

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Finding Award inventory on EF

how do you use EF to find award inventory (GVA-TLV) LX for example under definition of fare classes has no awards mentioned at all.

EXP desk told me X is for award coach and R for award biz. According to EF R is just "Economy"

Same for LY. BA has definition in for award classes

can you set EF to periodically check availabilty of award inventory?
Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:25 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Expert Flyer does not show award travel availability for all airlines.

Only; AF, TN, AA, DL, F9, QF, and SQ.

https://www.expertflyer.com/specialclasses.pdf

So your out of luck for BA and LX.

An alternate for BA award availability is to call the AA EXP desk (I noticed your EXP). They can tell you what's open on BA and are usually very helpful. I've had then run me through # of BA award seats available for 7 consecutive days for the 3 flight each day - total 21 from LHR to LYS. This was to juggle 5 different award trips - some with segments overlapping differnt PAX to watch over kids.

Originally Posted by seaskybound
how do you use EF to find award inventory (GVA-TLV) LX for example under definition of fare classes has no awards mentioned at all.

EXP desk told me X is for award coach and R for award biz. According to EF R is just "Economy"

Same for LY. BA has definition in for award classes

can you set EF to periodically check availabilty of award inventory?

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Oct 22, 2005 at 10:31 pm
Old Oct 23, 2005, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Not sure about EF but there is definitely an error on aa.com in that Swiss booking code R shows as Economy, whereas it is in fact Business. I am using a Business award tomorrow on Swiss and it shows Economy R on my res. Called Swiss to get a seat allocation and make sure it is in fact booked in Business.

EF will not show award inventory on Swiss or BA; you have to call AA - and keep calling if the inventory is not available on the dates you want. It would save AA a lot of time if we could see that inventory somewhere!

Happy Travels.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Interesting. EF does have LX R as coach.

Looking at LH (LUFTHANSA) it has business as R like you mentioned. Given LH purchased LX I wonder if they are integrating systems yet and if LX codes are now invalid and LX is using LH's.

Originally Posted by NDFan
Not sure about EF but there is definitely an error on aa.com in that Swiss booking code R shows as Economy, whereas it is in fact Business. I am using a Business award tomorrow on Swiss and it shows Economy R on my res. Called Swiss to get a seat allocation and make sure it is in fact booked in Business.

EF will not show award inventory on Swiss or BA; you have to call AA - and keep calling if the inventory is not available on the dates you want. It would save AA a lot of time if we could see that inventory somewhere!

Happy Travels.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Oct 23, 2005 at 10:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.