FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   DFW Connection right at the minimum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/484575-dfw-connection-right-minimum.html)

sse2k Oct 20, 2005 1:14 pm

DFW Connection right at the minimum

I'll be flying these segments in a couple of weeks:

VIA: Dallas/Ft Worth TX US
American 2053 American 1749
1:58 PM 3:10 PM 3:45 PM 4:58 PM
Trm: M80 Trm:0 Trm:0 738 Trm:
Meal F

If you see the connection time, it is right at the minimum, 35, and since this is a mainline connection, it's legal.

But of course, I am wondering how it will work logistically. I haven't flown thru DFW in a little while. Does airport ops tend to park the MD-80s near each other, and the 738's together? Usually I like a bigger gap, but this time I have to be in TUL and SNA very close to those times.

I've confirmed my seats up front for both flights. Just trying to get a handle on how fast I will have to run!

Connected1 Oct 20, 2005 1:35 pm

You'll make it using Skylink, but do AA's baggage mishandling rate a favor and don't check any luggage.

AA-Platinum Oct 20, 2005 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Connected1
You'll make it using Skylink, but do AA's baggage mishandling rate a favor and don't check any luggage.

I agree...as long as you are on-time you'll be ok (but not your checked luggage).

In answer to your second question, AA does not clump DOMESTIC aircraft by groups, so no help there for you.

sse2k Oct 20, 2005 1:53 pm

Ah, yes, will be carrying on only.

AGS Oct 20, 2005 2:34 pm

About every other time I go through DFW, AA arrives on time or early, only to pull up short of the gate. The pilot then tells the helpless passengers that the ground crew is not ready. I want to tell the flight attendants to call ahead next time so that they'll know we're coming. Very frustrating to be within sight of a connecting flight and still miss it.

Hope this doesn't happen to you, but don't be surprised if it does.

AGS

sse2k Oct 23, 2005 12:00 am

Found out I'm going to be on the same sets of flights on another Friday afternoon, but this time in Y. I have exit rows on both, MD80 and then 738. Is this cutting it even closer? Should I sacrifice 20B on the first flight for something/anything toward the front?

IceTrojan Oct 23, 2005 12:36 am

Interesting that AA.com is showing me a 30-min layover at DFW. Hmmm....

AA-Platinum Oct 23, 2005 9:20 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Interesting that AA.com is showing me a 30-min layover at DFW. Hmmm....

I would....time counts here.

JGR01 Oct 23, 2005 9:28 am

In the event you miss the current connetion, at least there are two more flights yet! I would never connect to the LAST/ONLY flight of the day with this short a time period.

From: Dallas/Ft Worth TX US To: Orange County/Santa Ana CA US
NON-STOP
American 621From:DFW To:SNA
5:51 PM 7:01 PM
American 1747 From:DFW To:SNA
8:15 PM 9:20 PM