End of Year 10K Mileage Run on AA

Old Oct 19, 05, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, CO, NW, BA, CX
End of Year 10K Mileage Run on AA

A question to the many sage AA travelers on this wonderful message board. As of today 10-19-05 and based on scheduled trips for the rest of 2005 I think I will be short of hitting EXP for the year by about 10,000 flown miles. I am looking for a good mileage run on can make on a weekend in late November or sometime in December, best case leave Sat. and return Sun. if needed I could squeeze a Friday or a Monday if I must. Been looking alot but haven't found the right combination of miles, weekend times and prices.

I live in Indianapolis so my preferred departure airport is IND.

I would welcome any suggestion you may have!
Thanks!!!

Last edited by ahaley; Oct 19, 05 at 5:43 pm
Old Oct 19, 05, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA: EXP, Hilton: Diamond
Try Paris

Check Paris out. I needed about that much for Platinum last year. Found Paris for about $400. It looks like about $500 now. Hope that is enough miles for you.
Old Oct 19, 05, 6:27 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
I'm doing Thanksgiving in Japan! Tho on the long trans-Pac and Trans-Pond service you gotta watch out for fares that are no-miles and non-upgrade-capable!
Old Oct 19, 05, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ahaley
One suggestion: Try the Mileage Run forum.
Old Oct 19, 05, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
A question to the many sage AA travelers on this wonderful message board. As of today 10-19-05 and based on scheduled trips for the rest of 2005 I think I will be short of hitting EXP for the year by about 10,000 flown miles. I am looking for a good mileage run on can make on a weekend in late November or sometime in December, best case leave Sat. and return Sun. if needed I could squeeze a Friday or a Monday if I must. Been looking alot but haven't found the right combination of miles, weekend times and prices.

Thanks!!!
Santiago or BA via DFW is over 10,000 miles.
Old Oct 19, 05, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, M+B Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Prem Elite, Kimpton IC
Not as sexy as an international run and only available mid-week, you can get a decent value for a IND-PHX run routed through SEA both ways. $164 all in, 6645 miles, 2.47 cents/EQM.
Old Oct 20, 05, 6:26 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP

Thanks!!!
DFW-LGW r/t is 9,542, so with your connection to DFW you will be over 10.542

Search this Thread