Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

5 hour layover at Boston Logan Airport - suggestions on where to go in Boston

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 hour layover at Boston Logan Airport - suggestions on where to go in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by KimmyAA
What time and day are you in Boston?
Better ask the OP for the date, but the BOS-SNN flight leaves at 8:50pm.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by yellow77
I do agree though. It's the most frustrating trip. It's just slightly better than the alternative if you're going to Cambridge, but every second you're on the bus, waiting for it to switch its power source or watching it go 15mph in the tunnels, you're thinking 'how could they build an entirely new system and make it this bad?' Ah, Boston...
I heard that there were plans to extend the Blue Line past Bowdoin to Charles, but that's been shelved now that us Red Liners have been gifted with the Silver Line. For me personally, the single change on the Silver Line takes about 30 minutes on average to get to my stop in Cambridge. The triple change for the Blue Line takes about 35 minutes. It is much less of a hassle, but every time that bus climbs above ground and switches to its gas engines, it sounds so bad that I sit there in mortal fear that the thing is about to die in the middle of the Ted Williams.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you post the exact date you'll be in town over on FT Community and provide a link back to this thread, a few FT'ers local to Boston might show up to meet up for food/drinks.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
You may very well be putting the cart before the horse. If your time between landing at BOS, and taking off again is 5hrs, the realize that your actual time on the ground will be more like 4hrs. It will most likely take you some exta taxi time, and you will most likely board the SNN flight 45min before departure. Also, you are assuming that the flight from LAX will be on time. Really, budget about 3.5hrs on the ground. Now, take off an hour of transit time total, so you are at 2.5hrs. to actually spend in the city. Fortunately, it sounds like you will miss rush hour in both directions. However, if 5hrs is your total time in Boston, then don't think for even a second that you will have anything close to that to use to explore. First, let us know what day of the week. Second, make a decision, eat, drink, shop, sight-see, walk. You will only have time to really enjoy one, so make it count.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
Originally Posted by GoCubs
Take the Blue Line to Aquarium (very quick trip) - walk to the North End for the world's best cannoli at Mike's Pastry.
I second that suggestion! ^ ^ It's on Hanover Street. Just follow the scent and look for people carrying little white boxes full of dessert.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 9:01 am

Programs: Amex MR, Delta and AA, Hilton Gold, SPG
Mike's is the devil

A trip to the North End is in order. You might want to check on the availability of the water shuttle. I know it stops running in the winter.

Don't go to Mike's Pastry. They freeze their cannoli shells. Instead, also on Hanover, closer to downtown, is Modern Pastry. Better cannolis and better service. It's smaller, but better. Trust me. The real Bostonians know....
Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
If you find that your flight from LA is running late and don't feel comfortable leaving the airport, there is a full service Legal Sea Foods in terminal C before security, a short walk from terminal B. They have the same menu as their other restaurants downtown.

I agree with the previous post that if you want cannolis in the North End, then Modern Pastry is the place to go!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.