Renewing Admirals Club Membership??

Old Sep 21, 05, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Renewing Admirals Club Membership??

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone got any discount offers after not renewing their membership? My membership expires November, just got an Email From AA asking me to renew. I was thinking to wait untill they offer me some sort of discount.
Thanks!
eli
Old Sep 21, 05, 4:38 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's okay to wait until the last minute. It's important to know exactly when that last minute occurs. You can dally around for a month after the date your membership card expires. If you renew at that point (in your case, by December 30th), you're only renewing for 11 months (i.e. your expiration anniversary remains the end of November). If your membership lapses for longer than a month, you'll owe them an additional $50 (New Member fee) to renew. In that case you'll get a new expiration month.
Old Sep 21, 05, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Off course its your option to wait but I cant ever recall AA offering discount (other than the ones tied into status) for renewals, new memberships yes.

mike
Old Sep 21, 05, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM PLT, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Off course its your option to wait but I cant ever recall AA offering discount (other than the ones tied into status) for renewals, new memberships yes.

mike
This brings up a question of prepaying... My membership year is up in September, and I have already renewed for this year. I will not make plt this year (took a couple of BA flights across the pond instead of AA, or else I would have made it), but will make GLD. Can I "renew" my membership in February, through to September 2007, before my PLT runs out to get the reduced rate?
Old Sep 21, 05, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIKESILV

mike
When I signed up I was offered $100. discount on top of my EXP discount, so all I paid was $200.

eli

Search this Thread
Search Engine: