Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA at CDG 2A-any ATMs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:53 am
Original Poster

AA at CDG 2A-any ATMs

I'm flying MIA to CDG and need to get some euros when I arrive at CDG to pay for my transportation into Paris. My bank in the US isn't able to get me Euros and AAA wants $100 for 70 Euros, which is a rip off.

Is there anywhere near where the AA planes arrive in CDG to use an ATM upon arrival? I suspect the exchange booths in the airport will have horrendous rates, so I wanted to use an ATM to get the best value.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:06 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
There is a HSBC - ATM just outside Customs. Very Cirrus friendly
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

there are usually atms after you exit customs/imm.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:10 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Yes, there are several ATM machines in the middle of the terminal after you exit the baggage claim/immigration area. Bon voyage!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1P
I usually go to the post office (Le Poste) down in the "basement" and right after that grab a croissant chocolat before jumping on the bus to the RER.
I've never had a problem pulling € out of these machines.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Check with your bank though to make sure they don't charge you a $20 international ATM fee or something.

You can also get foreign money from your local bank usually
Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Check with your bank though to make sure they don't charge you a $20 international ATM fee or something.
I already did this, but this is a great tip. Bank of America will charge me $5 for each intl ATM use, so I transferred money to a rarely-used checking account I have at a credit union, as they only charge $1 per intl ATM use.

Thanks to everyone else, for the tips.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I believe the post office does currency exchange transactions w/o fees (or they are low fees, if any).
Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by canes98
I already did this, but this is a great tip. Bank of America will charge me $5 for each intl ATM use, so I transferred money to a rarely-used checking account I have at a credit union, as they only charge $1 per intl ATM use.

I believe BofA is associated with BNP Paribas, so try to use those ATMs in Paris to reduce fees. No BNP Paribas ATMs in CDG, though, so you this will only work on a subsequent retrait. (ATM signs in French often read Retrait).
Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:37 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The Mechanics Bank. Heard ads and visited their site. They have a checking account with a $1000 minimum that refunds all ATM fees...anywhere...no limit. I'm going to switch my Citibank account (good worldwide availability where I go, but have to use their machines) for one of these. Seems like a primo deal.

Cheers.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 12:23 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Be AWARE, the ATM's in the airport do not accept PIN numbers in excess of either 4 or 5 digits! I was almost out of money and stuck with an ATM that didn't work. Some ATM's in town did accept my 7 digit PIN!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA Ex. Plat, UA 1K
Also beware. NONE of the ATMs will take American Express Cards. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

This is a constant source of frustration for me and I see it as one more way the Parisians show their distaste of Americans.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by pentop
This is a constant source of frustration for me and I see it as one more way the Parisians show their distaste of Americans.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by gwade
Be AWARE, the ATM's in the airport do not accept PIN numbers in excess of either 4 or 5 digits! I was almost out of money and stuck with an ATM that didn't work. Some ATM's in town did accept my 7 digit PIN!

Most Int'l ATM will only take 4
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, CO Gold
Originally Posted by canes98

Bank of America will fully waive the $5 foreign ATM charge when you use PNB Paribas Machines in France. For a BNP Branch/ATM locator click:

https://www.secure.bnpparibas.net/co...20021219163230

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.