Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admiral's Club Poll

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CharlesMD
For the MR where you turned around at LHR, how did you handle check-in? Do you ever have problems re-entering the US given that you didn't get any stamps in your passport on the outbound journey?
Is this question from the same dude who reputedly has made countless trips on two airlines between the U.S and LHR? Hard to comprehend that you don't know LHR transit or U.S. ICE procedures. Maybe you should ask the alleged "GF."
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by mdavies
I think he is not undervaluing them any more than AA is overvaluing them.
Considering that 500 miles is the base, and a significant number of pax who connect go thru at least one airport w/an AC, at 1,000 miles per day pass each flyer could get a free day pass with each connecting or same-day RT ticket. Bad for crowding...

Originally Posted by mdavies
$50 for an hour in a nice room that doesn't give decent free food or drinks?
That's actually a pretty good price.... oh, ALONE?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drtdk
Is this question from the same dude who reputedly has made countless trips on two airlines between the U.S and LHR? Hard to comprehend that you don't know LHR transit or U.S. ICE procedures. Maybe you should ask the alleged "GF."
Agreed.

The link below is useful background:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405609
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:53 pm
askworldtraveler

Hat On - again....

no personal attack/baiting posts please. If you want to PM those thoughts to one another please do - I sense it's going to be hard to keep this thread open....

Last edited by askworldtraveler; Sep 13, 2005 at 9:59 pm Reason: dyslexic spelling errors....

Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by drtdk
Of course I know LHR-US transit procedures. However, each time I arrive in London I usually leave the airport and do something. The question I had pertains to turning around without passing through customs in the UK.

Obviously, AA's financial situation has considerably improved such that many of the questions in the thread FWAA referenced are no longer valid.

Regarding EXP agents and Flagship Suites, I think if anyone deserves to fly F it's Lorraine. The next time you talk with our friend in RDU, be sure to ask how her trip to Japan was.

Last edited by CharlesMD; Sep 13, 2005 at 9:58 pm
Old Sep 13, 2005, 9:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAJunkie
Above anything else, I'd like to see the AC offer a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner buffet. Yeah, I know... I'm a dreamer
But at least international flights have food on board !!
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Of course I know LHR-US transit procedures. However, each time I arrive in London I usually leave the airport and do something. The question I had pertains to turning around without passing through customs in the UK.
This is proof you have no idea what you are talking about. Once you learn what "transit" means, this policy, which is decades old, will make sense to you: "Transit passengers arriving in Heathrow on trans-Atlantic flights must present their tickets at the transfer desk of their next carrier."
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:47 pm
Suspended

...Regarding EXP agents and Flagship Suites, I think if anyone deserves to fly F it's Lorraine. The next time you talk with our friend in RDU, be sure to ask how her trip to Japan was.
I'd like to ask her how she feels about you quoting her as you did here:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=jfk-ncl
Making her seem like she's the idiot.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:47 pm
Suspended

dupe post

Last edited by JonNYC; Sep 13, 2005 at 10:50 pm
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What are you talking about?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:57 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
wow...4 pages and 50+ posts. The mundane never sleeps, it seems.

Cheers.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:01 pm
askworldtraveler

shutting it down....

Take it off line.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.