Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to the EXP desk!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AA in CA
Driver's License has a photo of him in a Flagship Suite, but the face is blurred out, hence making ID challenging for the common folk.
My guess is the most of the pics are obscured by his friend Louis Vuitton.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CharlesMD
I don't have my name or phone number in my wallet anywhere (stupid me!), but I did have my EXP card.
That's beautiful: a wallet just for his EXP card, and maybe some pics of airplane seats and lavatories.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The world, as I have said before, was my oyster and I settled for the shell.
That's a great line!

Maybe you should have a word with Charles' GF before things get too serious.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
How about the creation of a dedicated CharlesMD forum?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP

"Got it going like a turbo-vet"
What is a turbo-vet exactly? Is it like a cheap version of a turbo 'vette? Or is it an animal doctor who works very quickly?

Your misspellings not withstanding, I find it difficult to believe that you "got it going". Most dashing men-about-town who "got it going" don't spend quite so much time blathering on bulletin boards.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way

I 2nd that
Old Sep 10, 2005, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
Don't we already have one? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221
Old Sep 10, 2005, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by pgppetch
They were issued under the pre 9/11 terms.
Pre 9/11/1958 my mother's first DL reportedly had no photo... but I'm pretty sure it did have her name on it.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 1:47 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tismfu

Why is this story so hard to believe?

The source.

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:19 am

Once again ................I love you AA! Thanks so much again for your help!

CharlesMD.com: Celebrating American Airlines, the best airline at reconnecting scatterbrained EXPs with their wallets!
Nice story, but it appears to me that the real hero here is the individual at the restaurant who found the wallet, and then took the initiative to track down Charles. It might have been appropriate for Charles to reserve some of his praise for the server and the establishment itself, by identifying both. Perhaps some of us would want to patronize an establishment, which offers such outstanding service when we find ourselves in Cambridge.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
It might have been appropriate for Charles to reserve some of his praise for the server and the establishment itself, by identifying both. Perhaps some of us would want to patronize an establishment, which offers such outstanding service when we find ourselves in Cambridge.
Yeah, but then it might turn into non-fiction.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:20 am

This is all starting to make sense! Last night, my mom and I went to dinner in Cambridge, and we saw a young man walking down the street with a very attractive young lady. Both of them had sweatshirts with "HARVARD" emblazoned on the chest in the largest font imaginable. The gentleman was toting a Louis Vuitton bag with two AA EXP plat luggage tags dangling from both ends of the handles. The most curious thing was his face was whited out. I pointed this out to mom as we strolled, and she suggested it might be that hypopigmentation illness Michael Jackson suffers from.

In any event, always nice to see AA EXP desk go above and beyond the call.

Last edited by 19103_aa; Sep 11, 2005 at 4:52 pm Reason: changed hyper to hypo (duh)
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
The most curious thing was his face was whited out. I pointed this out to mom as we strolled, and she suggested it might be that hyperpigmentation illness Michael Jackson suffers from.
Bwah! I really don't think my monitor was ready for coffee yet this morning.

On a serious note... has anyone been able to replicate this feat (per my challenge)?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by techgirl
On a serious note... has anyone been able to replicate this feat (per my challenge)?
No, but I am still waiting for you to report on your homework assignment, now several months overdue.

Hmmm...college sweatshirts, LV bags, elite luggage tags... it is move in week at Harvard. We were very much camouflaged!

P.S. Pickles I will be very impressed if you can tell me why evangelicals object to the dear Harvard reverend.

P.P.S. If you look on the back of your elite luggage tags it says "if found return to any AA location."
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, but I am still waiting for you to report on your homework assignment, now several months overdue.
I'm lost. There was homework? Link please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.