Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC entry for Platinum International travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

AC entry for Platinum International travel

Some questions on the Platinum benefit for Oneworld Sapphire / AA Platinum...
1) I'm AA Plat - does the Oneworld lounge benefit apply to all oneworld lounges, or all except AA (I've seen both answers - so want to get some opinions).
2) Assuming I can get into an AC, can I bring a guest (or family member)? Normal AC membership allows this, but I don't see anything in T&Cs about this for Oneworld.
3) If I'm flying AUS-SJC-NRT-ICN, with the final segment being Japan Air (and not a code share), am I correct that I can only access the lounge at SJC? I've got a long layover in NRT - so I'd love to get in there.
4) On return, it's reversed (again, ICN-NRT is Japan Air). Can I use NRT & SJC in this case (I'm travelling internationally & continuing on AA)? Does "travelling internationally" mean the next segment, or the entire trip...

Thanks for any help from the more experienced world travellers!
Extra
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold • AA Gold [1MM] • SPG Gold
As far as I know...

... you will have access to all AC lounges as an AA PLAT travelling on an international itinerary, provided that you have no breaks in your journey (i.e. AUS - SJC - NRT all on connecting flights).

Hence, you will have access in AUS and SJC on the outbound, and NRT, and SJC on the return. Unfortunately, I have not travelled to Japan (yet!), so cannot shed light on the ICN part of your question.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
Some questions on the Platinum benefit for Oneworld Sapphire / AA Platinum...
1) I'm AA Plat - does the Oneworld lounge benefit apply to all oneworld lounges, or all except AA (I've seen both answers - so want to get some opinions).
2) Assuming I can get into an AC, can I bring a guest (or family member)? Normal AC membership allows this, but I don't see anything in T&Cs about this for Oneworld.
3) If I'm flying AUS-SJC-NRT-ICN, with the final segment being Japan Air (and not a code share), am I correct that I can only access the lounge at SJC? I've got a long layover in NRT - so I'd love to get in there.
4) On return, it's reversed (again, ICN-NRT is Japan Air). Can I use NRT & SJC in this case (I'm travelling internationally & continuing on AA)? Does "travelling internationally" mean the next segment, or the entire trip...

Thanks for any help from the more experienced world travellers!
Extra

As a AA Platinum you will have access to any OneWorld partner operated business lounge (including AA) when you are traveling internationally* and you onward flight is operated by any OW partner.

*AA definition of international (Asia, South and Central America, Mexico City and Europe)

There may be an exception made on your outbound at the Tokyo club, but it's a 50/50 at best.

During your return you will have access, no questions asked.

You are allowed 1 guest (I think).
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by andrzej
You are allowed 1 guest (I think).
This seems to be at the whim of whoever is manning the entrance desk. If anybody in this forum knows where the "one guest" policy for Platinums and Executive Platinums traveling internationally is stated in writing, please enlighten me (so that I can print a copy and carry it with me). Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:08 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Simple search and knowledge of the AA.com site produced http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...Policies.jhtml

Copying this page should eliminate any issues.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JGR01
Simple search and knowledge of the AA.com site produced http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...Policies.jhtml

Copying this page should eliminate any issues.
Thanks all (esp JGR01). Oddly enough, I did go to the AC site, but my eyes are trained to look for menus on the left, so I guess I filtered out the right hand one.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:26 pm

Thanks, JRG01.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.8M, MR Platinum Premiere, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dogcanyon
This seems to be at the whim of whoever is manning the entrance desk. If anybody in this forum knows where the "one guest" policy for Platinums and Executive Platinums traveling internationally is stated in writing, please enlighten me (so that I can print a copy and carry it with me). Thanks.
Echoed...beware the "lounge dragon". I'd like to see the fine print as well.

I've had results ranging from taking 5 members of my rugby team into the BA lounge in MAN to "sorry, only you" in ORD.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
I have had success in bringing up to three others with me - who were traveling on the same flights as me but not on the same record locator. I was told, however, that it's easier if you're on the same record locator as your guest(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.