Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA cuddled me in her bosom, warm and cozy for another year (with photos)!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA cuddled me in her bosom, warm and cozy for another year (with photos)!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:09 am

Chucky---your day is over, give it up.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Isn't there already a forum for Trip Reports?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:33 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I'd like to thank the OP for starting this thread. I think it was a great idea. In fact, I found it so thrilling to read about his requalification that I think that every FTer who earns or re-earns EXP should start a thread exclaiming that fact.

And, although it might not be quite as exciting, I also think every PLT and GLD should post a new thread as soon as they reach their threshold. It will become a new and improved FT. (Well, at least the AA forum will rock.) Please hurry all. I can hardly wait for everyone to start posting the good news!
Not to be rude, but I don't get why people are so adamentely opposed to new threads opening up.... this is a message board, is it not? I see people complaining about new threads that repeat conversations that happened months ago; what's the big deal? If you don't want to read it - don't click on it - and definitely don't reply to it, because then you're just rejuvenating the thread that you are complaining about and thus are becoming part of your own complaint.....
It would be one thing if the subject of the thread didn't accurately summarize the contents of the thread, and you unwittingly clicked on it, but for this one, I think it is readily obvious that the post had to do with the OP requalifying. I read it because I was interested in his/her story. Personally, I think it was an enjoyable post, and I congratulate the OP for his/her accomplishments.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by phatty
Not to be rude, but I don't get why people are so adamentely opposed to new threads opening up.... this is a message board, is it not? I see people complaining about new threads that repeat conversations that happened months ago; what's the big deal? If you don't want to read it - don't click on it - and definitely don't reply to it, because then you're just rejuvenating the thread that you are complaining about and thus are becoming part of your own complaint.....
It would be one thing if the subject of the thread didn't accurately summarize the contents of the thread, and you unwittingly clicked on it, but for this one, I think it is readily obvious that the post had to do with the OP requalifying. I read it because I was interested in his/her story. Personally, I think it was an enjoyable post, and I congratulate the OP for his/her accomplishments.

Since you are new around here, I do understand your position and your post, but please do us all a favor. If you are still here in 6 months or so, will you please post your thoughts on this subject again?

Last edited by andrzej; Aug 16, 2005 at 8:46 am
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:04 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I'd like to thank the OP for starting this thread. I think it was a great idea. In fact, I found it so thrilling to read about his requalification that I think that every FTer who earns or re-earns EXP should start a thread exclaiming that fact.

Only those who are so self-involved that they think the universe revolves around them should. Oh wait, he already did. Btw, someone please teach me how to put people on an ignore list.

I requalify for EXP in a few weeks but have no plans to start a thread about it because most folks have better things to do with their time than read such a trivial unimportant-to-anyone-but-me thread.

P.S.-I realize you were being sarcastic and agree with you 100%. Perhaps add a for the clueless and/or humor impaired.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Pucci-darling, think that is the F-cabin sweetness...you can tell from the anglepoise lamps...
This is the BA F cabin where the picture was taken, for those of you who have never been there
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:35 am
LLZ

Why do I now have visions of FAs heating bottles and mushing up those applesauce cookies for you...?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Charles,

Some time ago, I had decided that the best thing to do was to refrain from contributing anything to threads that always seemes to do little but discuss you. However, I am replying somewhat amazed that your address me personally since on 21st May last year you wrote to me and said.

"Be that as it may I think it would be best if you remain indefinitely on my ignore list"

However, you are asking me if that picture could be mine. I am certain that you know the answer since you would always introduce youself. However, if you are now reading my posts, may I ask how long ago the picture was taken? I would be intrigued as this is the old uniform and I have not worn that for a good 12 months. That photo looks pretty old to me. I would also point out that this is not the First Class cabin.

I am glad that we took good care of you - but how would that flight have enhanced your status at American Airlines? I am however quite certain that I did not cuddle you to any part of my anatomy. I never forget a passenger that I cuddle.
Ok. This IS disturbing.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I would also point out that this is not the First Class cabin.
While there is certain forum behaviour which I just find annoying, in all fairness to the OP, that is a BA F cabin, it has to be. IIRC, there are no photos on the rear bulkhead of the J cabin, and the aisle seat in J faces forward, so it has to be the rear bulkhead you are looking at. Also, the bulkhead between WT+ and J is just a wall, whereas this bulkhead is more substantial, and does not have the cut-outs with the flaps the way the other bulkhead does. Again, I completely agree with everything else in your post, but I have reason to believe that we are all going to be hard enough on the OP until this thread dies that we might as well give him that one.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Glad to see we have managed to get the LV bag in the picture as standard but very dissapointed the Concrde tag wasn't placed in it and that the harvard magazine is missing.

p.s. PLEASE buy a new camera that you can either trick to think it has a higer ISO film setting or brace yourself against a wall when you take all your pics as so many are blured.

Last edited by CT-UK; Aug 16, 2005 at 9:57 am
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by izzik
Isn't there already a forum for Trip Reports?
Well, this is more of a "hey, I made (insert status) again thread" which does appear fairly regularly on this forum.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
The hostility found in this thread baffles me.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
The hostility found in this thread baffles me.
Given that the "hostility" is between FT'ers with thousands of posts, I assume this is something that preceded our existence in the FT world.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Given that the "hostility" is between FT'ers with thousands of posts, I assume this is something that preceded our existence in the FT world.
Bingo!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Yes, for those folks with join dates in the past few months... just go back and search for some of CharlesMD's previous posts, and you'll see why the hostility is seeping out here. (That is, if you can find any of his previous posts -- he went through a few months ago and deleted the text of many of them, for some unknown reason , although you can get the gist of what he was saying from the responses.)

If you post to say you just made GLD/PLT/EXP, you are likely to be greeted with congrats, not hostility. FT is generally a friendly place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.