DFW-ZRH-JFK seating question

Old Aug 4, 05, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

DFW-ZRH-JFK seating question

Hi,

Just a quick question...

I'm on a flight from DFW-ZRH-JFK just wondering what the best seats are, what to expect on these flight regarding op-ups? Are these flights full? (Aug-Sep)

Thanks a million!!!

eli
Old Aug 4, 05, 3:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
These tend to be very popular flights and they not only fill up, they sometimes spill over. Even with elite staus, there are som many high-fare pax, it can leave one relegated to an undesirable seat and with no possibility of an upgrade. Op ups? I think this flight would be one of the toughest ones to be opped up on, even for EXPs. What AAdvantage status do you hold?

For seat information, see

http://www.seatguru.com

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 5, 05 at 9:09 am
Old Aug 4, 05, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Top Tier, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Even considering all the spill-over, none of the agents working in ZRH understood me when I asked if the flight (ZRH-DFW) was oversold. Also their security screening is just plain silly....

I was in 21J ZRH-DFW- very, very painful. I have yet to figure out why AA thinks those headrests are comfortable (sleeping with you chin to your chest is not pleasant). I enjoyed my 14 hour flightw to/from SYD on QF much more.

Pete
Old Aug 4, 05, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA,DL
AA38 DFW-ZRH is full but AA 65 ZRH-JFK is not.
Old Aug 5, 05, 12:38 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
My last 3 flights from DFW to ZRH were upgraded with VIPs. Two cleared a couple days prior. One at airport checkin. It did not seem to do with fare as mine were between $1200-1700 R/T for SFO-DFW-ZRH-TLV. While the flights fill up I've had good luck upgrades.

Originally Posted by elpi
AA38 DFW-ZRH is full but AA 65 ZRH-JFK is not.
Old Aug 5, 05, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, SPG Plat
I just flew ZRH->JFK this past weekend and it was definitely full. I was in 21A/B so was as comfortable as possible in Y. They were practically begging for volunteers to give up their seats during check-in. I bit, but unfortunately a flight with a large number of connecting passengers was delayed and they didn't need any volunteers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: