hyatt card in the mail..

Old Jul 12, 05, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

hyatt card in the mail..

Hmm. I got a Hyatt Platinum card in the mail yesterday "in recognition of" my Advantage membership (exp). Expires 2/2006, but if I stay one night before October, it's good until 2/2007 + 5k AA miles too. Not too shabby, I might just stay with them to test it out now.

Anyone know how they decide this stuff? I was not a member in the Hyatt program. Can I expect something from Hilton, Starwood and Priority Club too?
Old Jul 12, 05, 9:40 pm

Programs: Nothing fits in my travelling wallet any more...
I got one this past week, as well. Same terms.
Old Jul 13, 05, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by feitefrank
Hmm. I got a Hyatt Platinum card in the mail yesterday "in recognition of" my Advantage membership (exp). Expires 2/2006, but if I stay one night before October, it's good until 2/2007 + 5k AA miles too. Not too shabby, I might just stay with them to test it out now.

Anyone know how they decide this stuff? I was not a member in the Hyatt program. Can I expect something from Hilton, Starwood and Priority Club too?
What is your AA status?
Old Jul 13, 05, 4:12 am
Original Poster

look closely...
Old Jul 13, 05, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by feitefrank
look closely...
"(exp)" standing for Exec. Platinum and not "expired", right?
Old Jul 13, 05, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
According to a thread in the UA forum, 1Ks on United are getting Hyatt Platinum cards too.
Old Jul 13, 05, 7:05 pm
Suspended

I haven't gotten it yet. Was there an offer code or reference number included in your letter. Thanks.

(Updated on July 14) I spoke too soon. Mine came today.

Last edited by drtdk; Jul 14, 05 at 4:33 pm
Old Jul 13, 05, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd certainly like to get this offer.
Old Jul 13, 05, 7:33 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
My wife, who was Platinum in 2004 but Gold in 2005, received a card. I have not.

dennis
Old Jul 13, 05, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also received the mailing (explat). As I understand it if I have one Hyatt stay this fall then my platinum status continues to 2007. To receive the 5000 AA miles I must stay at one of the 28 or so Grand Hyatt's.
Old Jul 13, 05, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow survey..

Out of curiosity-- and not to say that there's any science to these things-- but of the folks who have received this, would you describe your stays-to-date this year at Hyatt to be;
a) None
b) 1-3
c) 5 or more
Old Jul 13, 05, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Out of curiosity-- and not to say that there's any science to these things-- but of the folks who have received this, would you describe your stays-to-date this year at Hyatt to be;
a) None
b) 1-3
c) 5 or more
None. Have booked twice dirtcheap on priceline for friends in 2005. I've gotten some unsolicited crap from Mariott and Hertz too, but I threw it away without reading. Damn, maybe it was something good? :-)

Edit: appears to very targeted, no special codes, and the plastic card had my name on it.

Last edited by feitefrank; Jul 13, 05 at 8:36 pm
Old Jul 13, 05, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
I got the email offer for SPG Gold status when I was still AA Gold. The only time I had used Starwood in the past year was one stay at the St. Regis on 55th Street, but I didn't do the booking or pay for it, so no way they'd have known it was me. Now that I am PLT, can I expect to get more of these?
Old Jul 13, 05, 10:17 pm

Location: ORD; AA Exec Plat (MM), SPG Plat (Lifetime Plt), other minor status
AA Plat = Hyatt Plat

Rec'd this offer as well - not even AA Exec Plat - just AA Plat. I don't think it has anything to do with prior Hyatt experience. I have a Gold Passport account from travel years ago, but the last stay I had at any Hyatt was a reward stay in January 2004. Most telling, the card I received in the mail had a new, different GP Acct number and during email correspondence with GP, they indicated that they would transfer the Platinum status to my existing account and that the promotion was still available to me.

Definitely a good deal - I'm going to take them up on it for the 5K AA miles, but probably will then go back to re-qualifying for SPG Plat. While AA Plat = Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat > Hyatt Plat!
Old Jul 14, 05, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
a) None
b) 1-3
c) 5 or more
a) None

Search this Thread
Search Engine: