Search

New Award Fee Structure for Non-EP's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Stefan Daystrom
I'm not sure it's as much monetizing transactions, as carrots and sticks.

AA would like to have more of their award inventory figured out earlier. Thus more disincentives for doing it late, and thus more incentives for doing it early.

The later you ticket an award, the higher-cost seat it's being "compared" against as a rule.
The latter paragraph may have factored into the consideration, but I don't know.

Part of the reason that may be "justifiable" for the higher fee in my opinion is if the "ticketing review" types are under more time pressure (for short-notice award tickets) and must move those tickets to the top of the queue for consideration. Mitigating such "justification", however, it seems like even partner awards get ticketed fairly quickly with or without that process.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 4, 2005 at 12:10 pm
Old Jul 4, 2005, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Interesting interpretation- you may be right. I was looking it as a change rather than a redposit and reissue. Your suggestion is definitely the way to go since it saves $80, and the definitely could have done it that way. That's why I love this place.

Cheers.
Thanks for the dialogue, brp and justageek. I called AA to ask if the change was done as a redeposit/reissue or as a change, and the agent said it had been done as a change. I asked if it could have been done the other way, saving me $80. Her reply was that she couldn't read the other agent's mind (fair enough), but that probably the other agent didn't want to risk losing the availability in the time between cancelling my tickets/redepositing the miles/issuing the new ticket. Given that this was done about 6 months ago, I think the award inventory would have been safe for 30 seconds or so, but what do I know?

Too bad that we can't see the PNRs any longer. The agent was sort of snippy and I wonder if she put some note in my record that I called to question the fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.