Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Busted for helping myself to *one* can of club soda from the F galley

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Busted for helping myself to *one* can of club soda from the F galley

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:34 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
That second galley behind 6EF (757-100 american planes) is the domocile of the Ecomony cabin crew.

Technically the Lav behind 5AB and the jump-seat is also designated as ecomony space.

CHARLES.. look at the trouble you got into with a First Class FA .. I should shudder to think of you going toe-to-toe with an Economy mavin for pinching from HER sacred galley.

Well when you do .. let us know where they store those plastic zip-lock things they use as handcuffs when they restrain you. Stealing from Ecomony . Charles .. your very SMART girlfriend won't be able to talk you out of that one!!

ding ding . ding ding... that what they are meant for!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
No-- one person was ejected, brp.

Wait, so if I'm seated in the last row of F on the 757-100 then I'm supposed to use the lavatory in the front by the cockpit, even though the forward Y lav is closer?

Usually I use the closest lav and try to stay away from the one by the cockpit. So if I am on the 777 in F I usually use the lav between F and J. On the 767s to HNL I usually go to the one just after the Y-F partition. I always thought the use the lav in your cabins was to keep people from Y from using the F/J lavs?

Last edited by CharlesMD; Jun 7, 2005 at 3:45 pm
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:40 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
Please do not discourage these posts. I have flown millions of miles on AA, revenue and non-revenue since birth and nothing EVER happens to me of any interest. I am able to live vicariously through CharlesMD's interesting encounters.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FoothillFlyer
Please do not discourage these posts. I have flown millions of miles on AA, revenue and non-revenue since birth and nothing EVER happens to me of any interest. I am able to live vicariously through CharlesMD's interesting encounters.
Well, there is this good book my girlfriend got me called "Plane Insanity" by Eliott Hester. It is a great read-- I suspect he used to work for AA! I am on P. 72 right now because last night some homeless person was screaming right outside my window and I couldn't sleep. I bet some of us fly as much as flight attendants, and the drama usually happens on international/transcons/HNL flights!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:53 pm

Sigh, I was hoping this story was going to include the stewardesses trying out their newly provided taser guns. "Club Soda larceny in 4B! Engage! Go, go, go!"
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CharlesMD

Wait, so if I'm seated in the last row of F on the 757-100 then I'm supposed to use the lavatory in the front by the cockpit, even though the forward Y lav is closer?

Usually I use the closest lav and try to stay away from the one by the cockpit. So if I am on the 777 in F I usually use the lav between F and J. On the 767s to HNL I usually go to the one just after the Y-F partition. I always thought the use the lav in your cabins was to keep people from Y from using the F/J lavs?
And you've never heard the ANNOUNCEMENTS made on this subject?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone urging you to write AA to demand 5,000 miles as compensation for the shabby service you received.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:40 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
You must be imagining things because the 757-100 does not exist.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JGR01
That second galley behind 6EF (757-100 american planes) is the domocile of the Ecomony cabin crew.

Technically the Lav behind 5AB and the jump-seat is also designated as ecomony space.

CHARLES.. look at the trouble you got into with a First Class FA .. I should shudder to think of you going toe-to-toe with an Economy mavin for pinching from HER sacred galley.

Well when you do .. let us know where they store those plastic zip-lock things they use as handcuffs when they restrain you. Stealing from Ecomony . Charles .. your very SMART girlfriend won't be able to talk you out of that one!!

ding ding . ding ding... that what they are meant for!
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Really? This was based on JGR's comment!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:46 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Are you questioning the good doctor's veracity? If so, I think we're going to have to take this outside...

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:51 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Thanks for the correction SNA-Flyer. I stand corrected...

AA has two 757's in their fleet. The AA legacy planes and the TWA planes. I always thought they were 100 and 200 (with the 200 being longer and having the extra door WAY back in economy).

Seatguru lists them both as 757-200 (legacy and TWA versions) .. tho on the Airlinesnet page I found the proper designations...

The standard passenger aircraft is designated the 757-200, there being no 100. The stretched 757-300 is described separately.

Guess me and seatguru are wrong! They REALLY are 757-200 (AA legacy) and the 757-300 (TWA variant) The 757-300 shares the 200's cockpit, wing, tail and powerplant options, although the 300 will feature strengthened structure and landing gear to cope with the increased weights, new wheels, tyres and brakes and a tailskid.

Configurations and details at http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=102 and http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=101

WOW I learned something new! That and Charles girlfriend must be WAY smart!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:53 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Apologies, Charles. Clearly I've gotten my facts mixed up.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA
Pretty gutsy

A pretty gutsy move by the good doctor. I definitely would not remove anything from the galley for fear of TSA.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:10 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I can't wait for the photo spread: "AA lavs that I have visited" by ChuckieMD.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:40 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I can't wait for the photo spread: "AA lavs that I have visited" by ChuckieMD.
Or the photo spread "AA FA's who have yelled at me".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.