AA Stealing Soap

Old Jun 7, 05, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Dia; Bonvoy Amb; Hertz PC; National EE; AXP Plat; Chase CSR; Citi Prestige; WDW Passh
Talking AA Stealing Soap

Just got off of AA 2373 DFW-SEA, and I noticed something interesting in the lav... the liquid soap labeled Alaska Airlines! It seems AA is taking cost-cutting to a whole new level!
Old Jun 7, 05, 3:53 am

Programs: AA, LH, others
Originally Posted by lbbzman
It seems AA is taking cost-cutting to a whole new level!
Maybe now that the salt and pepper shakers seem to be gone we'll start seeing salt and pepper "provided" by TacoBell.
Old Jun 7, 05, 9:50 am

Quite often out of AUS the drink glasses have a couple of CO glasses mixed in. The wonders of shared catering.
Old Jun 7, 05, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I was on UA the other day and their in-flight had a lot of ads stressing the benefits of E+. I was thinking I could help AA cost cut by taking my complimentary copy and leaving it aboard an AA LRTC flight
Old Jun 7, 05, 11:13 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Originally Posted by Yeti88
Maybe now that the salt and pepper shakers seem to be gone we'll start seeing salt and pepper "provided" by TacoBell.
I thought we concluded shakers are still around?
Old Jun 7, 05, 11:24 am

Programs: AA, LH, others
Originally Posted by Flyer1965
I thought we concluded shakers are still around?
That's why I said "maybe" and "seems to". Plus, after all, it was meant as a joke!
Old Jun 10, 05, 10:14 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by sdix
Quite often out of AUS the drink glasses have a couple of CO glasses mixed in. The wonders of shared catering.
Interestingly enough, whenever this happens and the F/As write a report back to the caters about this mistake, the entire catering for that flight is free. The airline that has the wrong dish/glassware receives a credit for the mistake. Even if it was just one glass.

With the handsoap, since some stations Alaska Airlines uses a few AA gates, it is possible that when the refueler came up to restock the lavs, they just put the wrong soap in.
Old Jun 10, 05, 10:21 pm

Maybe AS is paying AA for the advertsing

...god knows these geniuses struggle at turning down a buck
Old Jun 11, 05, 1:37 am

Just got off of AA 2373 DFW-SEA, and I noticed something interesting in the lav... the liquid soap labeled Alaska Airlines! It seems AA is taking cost-cutting to a whole new level!
1. The AA soap had run out in SEA, or wherever the plane had been, and the outsourced cleaners had no AA soap so they put the AS soap.

2. The FA's downline noticed they didn't have soap in the lavatory and told the agent they needed soap in their lav's or they weren't boarding. The agents came up with soap pronto and it was AS.

Happens a lot. The cleaners in DFW probably didn't even have time to notice that the soap wasn't ours.
Old Jun 11, 05, 1:39 am

[QUOTE=sluggoaafa]Interestingly enough, whenever this happens and the F/As write a report back to the caters about this mistake, the entire catering for that flight is free. The airline that has the wrong dish/glassware receives a credit for the mistake. Even if it was just one glass.

And the FA's working the flight usually take home another airline's glassware to add to their collection. I mean........
Old Jun 11, 05, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
We took a 2 day trip to the Russian River for Memorial Weekend and the "Resort" we stayed in had:

1. Embassy Suites (Hilton Family) shampoo
2. Courtyard by Marriott Soap
3. Another hotel chain's trash can

Old Jun 11, 05, 10:11 am

Programs: US Gold, AA Gold, *A Gold, *Wood Gold
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
Interestingly enough, whenever this happens and the F/As write a report back to the caters about this mistake, the entire catering for that flight is free. The airline that has the wrong dish/glassware receives a credit for the mistake. Even if it was just one glass.

With the handsoap, since some stations Alaska Airlines uses a few AA gates, it is possible that when the refueler came up to restock the lavs, they just put the wrong soap in.
If they really want to cut costs, just pay someone a hundred bucks to bring another glass with them. Then, they substitute it for their AA one, and boom, free catering. Hey, Arpey sees no problem screwing the customers, why not also screw the caterers. . .
Old Jun 11, 05, 12:24 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by 321liftoff
why not also screw the caterers. . .
screw the caterers and then they screw the customers by not serving the catering.

Search this Thread