FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Stealing Soap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/440739-aa-stealing-soap.html)

lbbzman Jun 6, 2005 11:32 pm

AA Stealing Soap

Just got off of AA 2373 DFW-SEA, and I noticed something interesting in the lav... the liquid soap labeled Alaska Airlines! It seems AA is taking cost-cutting to a whole new level!

Yeti88 Jun 7, 2005 2:53 am

Originally Posted by lbbzman
It seems AA is taking cost-cutting to a whole new level!

Maybe now that the salt and pepper shakers seem to be gone we'll start seeing salt and pepper "provided" by TacoBell. :D

sdix Jun 7, 2005 8:50 am

Quite often out of AUS the drink glasses have a couple of CO glasses mixed in. The wonders of shared catering.

omegadeal Jun 7, 2005 8:59 am

I was on UA the other day and their in-flight had a lot of ads stressing the benefits of E+. I was thinking I could help AA cost cut by taking my complimentary copy and leaving it aboard an AA LRTC flight :)

Flyer1965 Jun 7, 2005 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Yeti88
Maybe now that the salt and pepper shakers seem to be gone we'll start seeing salt and pepper "provided" by TacoBell. :D

I thought we concluded shakers are still around? :confused:

Yeti88 Jun 7, 2005 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Flyer1965
I thought we concluded shakers are still around? :confused:

That's why I said "maybe" and "seems to". Plus, after all, it was meant as a joke!

sluggoaafa Jun 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by sdix
Quite often out of AUS the drink glasses have a couple of CO glasses mixed in. The wonders of shared catering.

Interestingly enough, whenever this happens and the F/As write a report back to the caters about this mistake, the entire catering for that flight is free. The airline that has the wrong dish/glassware receives a credit for the mistake. Even if it was just one glass.

With the handsoap, since some stations Alaska Airlines uses a few AA gates, it is possible that when the refueler came up to restock the lavs, they just put the wrong soap in.

777lover Jun 10, 2005 9:21 pm

Maybe AS is paying AA for the advertsing :)

...god knows these geniuses struggle at turning down a buck

AAFA Jun 11, 2005 12:37 am

Just got off of AA 2373 DFW-SEA, and I noticed something interesting in the lav... the liquid soap labeled Alaska Airlines! It seems AA is taking cost-cutting to a whole new level!

1. The AA soap had run out in SEA, or wherever the plane had been, and the outsourced cleaners had no AA soap so they put the AS soap.

2. The FA's downline noticed they didn't have soap in the lavatory and told the agent they needed soap in their lav's or they weren't boarding. The agents came up with soap pronto and it was AS.

Happens a lot. The cleaners in DFW probably didn't even have time to notice that the soap wasn't ours.

AAFA Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am

[QUOTE=sluggoaafa]Interestingly enough, whenever this happens and the F/As write a report back to the caters about this mistake, the entire catering for that flight is free. The airline that has the wrong dish/glassware receives a credit for the mistake. Even if it was just one glass.

And the FA's working the flight usually take home another airline's glassware to add to their collection. I mean........ :p

mvoight Jun 11, 2005 3:41 am

We took a 2 day trip to the Russian River for Memorial Weekend and the "Resort" we stayed in had:

1. Embassy Suites (Hilton Family) shampoo
2. Courtyard by Marriott Soap
3. Another hotel chain's trash can

:)

321liftoff Jun 11, 2005 9:11 am

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
Interestingly enough, whenever this happens and the F/As write a report back to the caters about this mistake, the entire catering for that flight is free. The airline that has the wrong dish/glassware receives a credit for the mistake. Even if it was just one glass.

With the handsoap, since some stations Alaska Airlines uses a few AA gates, it is possible that when the refueler came up to restock the lavs, they just put the wrong soap in.

If they really want to cut costs, just pay someone a hundred bucks to bring another glass with them. Then, they substitute it for their AA one, and boom, free catering. Hey, Arpey sees no problem screwing the customers, why not also screw the caterers. . .

sluggoaafa Jun 11, 2005 11:24 am

Originally Posted by 321liftoff
why not also screw the caterers. . .

screw the caterers and then they screw the customers by not serving the catering. ;)