Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

FOR THE CURRENT, 2014, THREAD ON THIS TOPIC, PLEASE SEE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards) 2014 on

updated 20 Jan 2014
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: CO/*G, DL Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

The All-Partner award rules do not permit a transit via a third zone on a North America-South Pacific award. This is the reason why you cannot route via HKG; it has nothing to do with MPM issues.
solid. thanks for the responses everyone!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:29 am

Award Ticket Changes

First off I love AA how they let you make flight date changes for free unlike US where they charge redepositing fees up the wazoo. My question is lets say my award ticket leaves on 4/21 and I return the 29th. Now can I on lets say the 24th change the departure after my initial flight of travel has been taken? I guess I want to know when changes can cease being made.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One year from date of issue of the original ticket - that's when free changes to travel dates must cease being made.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Each AA-only or AA all-partner award is a one way award. You can change an award before the first flight on that award. It doesn't matter whether the award is on the same PNR as a different award that you've already flown.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:56 pm

Can you book a MileSAAver award and try to rebook to a day that only has AAnytime availibility? Could you pay the difference in miles or cash?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Each AA-only or AA all-partner award is a one way award. You can change an award before the first flight on that award. It doesn't matter whether the award is on the same PNR as a different award that you've already flown.
Does change from AA-only to AA partner award incur $150 redepositing fee for non-EXP?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:12 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Does change from AA-only to AA partner award incur $150 redepositing fee for non-EXP?
Yes - that change will incur the mileage redeposit fee.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
I believe there was a change in February and there is now no charge to change from one OneWorld carrier to another, regardless of status. But not all AA partners are OneWorld carriers.

Note: origin and destination must remain the same

Last edited by JIMCHI; Mar 28, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:46 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I believe there was a change in February and there is now no charge to change from one OneWorld carrier to another, regardless of status. But not all AA partners are OneWorld carriers.
If JIMCHI's belief is true, does anyone happen to have a link showing this new policy in writing?

I'm about to ticket LAX-MAD-FCO on IB but it would be nice to know that if AA decides to load in its LAX-JFK-FCO that I could switch without paying $150.

TIA
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by sk3
If JIMCHI's belief is true, does anyone happen to have a link showing this new policy in writing?

I'm about to ticket LAX-MAD-FCO on IB but it would be nice to know that if AA decides to load in its LAX-JFK-FCO that I could switch without paying $150.

TIA
The OP of this thread has posted that on traveling better forum- http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=4814
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:10 pm
sk3
Suspended

Originally Posted by EaglesOhThree
The OP of this thread has posted that on traveling better forum- http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=4814
Thanks for the link EaglesOhThree.

But nothing on AA.com corroborating this? And no anecdotal posts yet of folks actually doing this?

I'll keep track of this thread and the TB one - I look forward to reading others' success with switching OW carriers and getting the $150 waived - it's always comforting to see someone else avail themselves to something you'd want too.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:57 am

Redeem mile to ASIA question

If I want to redeem mile, business save, from ORD to BKK. Can I specifically tell them that I would like to fly JAL both way? Or I need to fly AA to NRT then JAL to BKK? If the later, will I also get to fly JAL on business class as well???

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:02 am

Yes. You have flexibility on choosing the carriers that you want to fly on, assuming that the total mileage stays under MPM limit and you do not unnecessarily connect in other zones (ORD-BKK connecting in NRT is fine).

Your business award can be booked into business class of any partner carrier, assuming there is space available. If space is not available in business but available in economy, you have the option of taking a voluntary downgrade to economy (and you can later up switch back to business, if seat becomes available).
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You also can request to fly CX via HKK - or any other allowable AA partner routing.

This will be merged into the appropriate airline partner award thread.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:43 pm
sk3
Suspended

Question about seat assignments on IB

I wasn't sure which thread to post this question -

I ticketed my partner award flights yesterday and just received the eTicket.

I'm flying IB LAX-MAD-FCO-MAD-LAX and when I originally made the reservation the AA rep assigned my seats. I then went onto IB's site and by making a dummy booking I could pull up the seat charts for my flights and saw "my" seats taken - which was a good sign.

When I ticketed this yesterday I asked the AA rep if my seat assignments on IB were just "requests" or if these were in fact my seat assignments. She confirmed the latter.

However, in the eTicket just received there is no designation for seats whatsoever.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.