Wassup with other airlines being retrieved in an AA.com search?

Old Jun 6, 05, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Wassup with other airlines being retrieved in an AA.com search?

As of 6:40pm on 6/6: Wassup with the fares of other airlines being retrieved in an AA.com search? Must be a bug in the system -- or is this an enhancement?
Old Jun 6, 05, 6:09 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Go to aa.com
Click on "More Options" on the "Make Reservation" pane.

At radio button 6, choose:
AA, American Eagle, AmericanConnection®
Old Jun 6, 05, 7:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by benjoe
As of 6:40pm on 6/6: Wassup with the fares of other airlines being retrieved in an AA.com search? Must be a bug in the system -- or is this an enhancement?
I use to book on other airlines all the time. Only frustration is that info isn't up to date and while fares show as available, when I go to purchase, it says try again, fare no longer available. Must be slow to load data from other airlines.

Wouldn't you want to know what is the lowest fare? FYI, AA often is double US Air or United.
Old Jun 6, 05, 9:29 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
I have a friend named Pretty Mindy, who booked tix to Florida for herself & her husband on AA.com because AA miles are most useful for them. The Website gave her UA flights & asked for her AA #. Now she's surprised to find out from me that they will get NO AA miles for flying UA.

Search this Thread