FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   $50 Discount on AC Membership for non-US Residents (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/437190-50-discount-ac-membership-non-us-residents.html)

KIR@GCM May 26, 2005 8:42 pm

$50 Discount on AC Membership for non-US Residents

Dear KIR@GCM,

Because you're one of American Airlines' most frequent travelers, we would like to extend a special invitation to you.

Through June 30, 2005, we are pleased to offer a $50 discount on new memberships for individuals residing outside of the U.S. If you visit one of our non-U.S. Admirals Clubs (Europe, Asia, Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central or South America) and purchase a new membership by June 30, 2005, we'll discount your annual membership fee by $50. That's a significant savings on a membership that we're confident will become invaluable as you travel for business or pleasure.

With over 40 club locations around the world, our Admirals Club lounges are located in the world's premier business centers. In addition, Admirals Club members have access to over 30 additional international lounges around the globe operated by our airline partners.

Visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub for more information.

To purchase a new membership with this discount, please print this email message and take it, along with a government issued photo ID and proof of residence to one of our non-U.S. club locations to join. We hope you'll join Admirals Club soon and see for yourself how a membership can benefit you. It would be a pleasure to welcome you.

Discount Code INT

Discount membership cannot be purchased online. Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase membership. Membership must be purchased in non-U.S. club location. Offer is only valid for non-U.S. residents. Residents of Puerto Rico and Canada are eligible. Participating clubs are subject to change. No other discount applies. Special pricing applies to new memberships only. Membership rate based on individual's current tier level in the AAdvantage program. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. No retroactive credits apply. Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Mileage rates have not been discounted.

JGR01 May 27, 2005 9:17 am

Wonder if they will take into account the discount already in place for you as EXP??

The other interesting part of this offer is that you HAVE to go to the specific non-US club and make your purchase. These clubs get credits for the number of new and renewals they sell .. so I wonder if this is marketing to give them a bit of a bone?!

ajacpril May 27, 2005 9:28 am

It could well be that they are enforcing this to make sure domestic flyers don't change their profile address and then score the $50 discount at a local (domestic) club.

Originally Posted by JGR01
The other interesting part of this offer is that you HAVE to go to the specific non-US club and make your purchase. These clubs get credits for the number of new and renewals they sell .. so I wonder if this is marketing to give them a bit of a bone?!

JDiver May 27, 2005 10:03 am

$50 discount is good, but you can also try before you buy...

Mind you, AA is still offering the $50 one-day pass (which is good for the day, not a specific club, so you may have multiple club access like LHR, ORD and SFO the same day,) with the ability to discount the cost of the pass if you purchase Admirals Club membership within thirty days of using your pass. For some, this is a chance to check it out and see if you want to actually buy a one-year membership.

For people living out of the US, this $50 is a good deal along with your status discont, if you check it out carefully - you can only use it in ACs iirc, but AFAIK a QANTAS Club card, for one, has much better usability - I've seen QP, er, QC members get free drinks at ACs, not something we AC members can do unless we are connecting to an international flight the same day...

FlyAO2 May 27, 2005 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
Wonder if they will take into account the discount already in place for you as EXP??

Yes....earlier in the year they had the same offer for NYC flyers (was $100 though), and it was IN ADDITION to any elite discounts

ajacpril May 27, 2005 12:29 pm

Is that anyone that bought the membership in one of the NY clubs or NY city / state residents.

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Yes....earlier in the year they had the same offer for NYC flyers (was $100 though), and it was IN ADDITION to any elite discounts

1/4MM@20 May 27, 2005 1:22 pm

I got this e-mail as well.

Was seriously considering it BUT as a mainly international flyer, I'm still not sure it is worth it.

For the few times I am flying domestic only and have a long time to kill at the airport, I can pay the $50 for a day pass!

Dave Noble May 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
For people living out of the US, this $50 is a good deal along with your status discont, if you check it out carefully - you can only use it in ACs iirc, but AFAIK a QANTAS Club card, for one, has much better usability - I've seen QP, er, QC members get free drinks at ACs, not something we AC members can do unless we are connecting to an international flight the same day...

Actually AC cards are valid for ACs at any time and QF lounges when travelling QF; A Qantas Pub card is valid for ACs, Qantas, BA and US lounges when travelling with the airline, plus of course are eligable for drinks vouchers at the AA lounges. If living outside the US, the ability to visit ACs when not travelling is probably v limited I would suggest

Dave

Ready2Go May 27, 2005 7:23 pm

Is there a list of the referenced "over 30 additional international lounges around the globe operated by our airline partners"? I guess this includes Qantas Clubs, and I know of the arrangement at LGW -- are there others?