Schedule offered-then "not available"?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2005, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Schedule offered-then "not available"?

Any way around this?

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 8:02 am
Old May 4, 2005, 7:10 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
wierd but true ...

Originally Posted by goingnow
I have gone through 11-Yes 11 different flights that are offered on the AA website and EACH ONE isn't available when I try to book it!! Why do they even show up on the search? I have not had this happen with any other airline. Any way around this?
I used to have that on some very very wierd routing to get a cheap fare (3 flights vs nonstop).

BUT it just happened to me right now.

What I noticed is that every time I selected a flight .. when it came back with the message .. the third time around it changed the fare. It went from like $491 to $671 on the third try and then it found availability.

OK I admit what I was trying was a bit strange (MSP-ORD-HNL) for a long weekend .. and this fare sale seems to have just recently hit .. so very probably there are a lot of people on-line trying to buy up the fare. I think that is the issue that there may be three seats on a flight that have the fare and by the time you select .. someone else (three others) have already gotten them.

Personally I'd almost call this bait-and-switch because it changed the price on me DURING this whole process .. but since I was 'shopping' it was not a huge issue.

That might be your issue .. few seats and someone already has grabbed them.
Old May 4, 2005, 10:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
don't even get me started on this.

AA's database updating sucks, their whole web presence sucks and their ability give the user valid fares in a timely manner is amazingly spotty. I'm not even talking about in the middle of the night transactions when you think they may be doing database maintenance and there could be problems.

I have only once been able in the last few weeks to book a ticket successfully.

Sent an email, have gotten curt rapid response with a promise they'll get back to me.

Do yourself a favor, try travelocity at the same time you are booking on AA.com, you may get the lower price and its easier to book.

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.