FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Can someone explain EXP lounge access rules? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/426291-can-someone-explain-exp-lounge-access-rules.html)

wandering_fred Apr 27, 2005 6:15 am

Can someone explain EXP lounge access rules?

Earlier in the year I gained access to the AA lounges (on AA flights) as a result of my QF Club account.

It would seem I would be gaining EXP status on AA this year. :p

I have looked at the 2005 AA EXP guide. Mostly pretty pictures and minimal info :confused:

Do EXPs get AA lounge access on domestic AA flights?
I think I understand the international access rules.

WF

aaupgrade Apr 27, 2005 6:24 am

Originally Posted by wandering_fred

I assume you mean the AC (Admirals Club). Only if they join the Admirals Club. New annual membership is available for EXP at a discounted rate of $300, $250 for renewal.

Dave Noble Apr 27, 2005 6:24 am

Nope. Access to 1st and business lounges only when travelling on a trip that is not solely "domestic" that day based on AA's screwed up idea of what domestic means

Dave

wandering_fred Apr 27, 2005 6:30 am

So that means if I have serious AA USA domestic travel planned the Qantas Club membership should be retained
unless I can also arrange for QF Gold (OW Sapphire status)

WF

Thanks for the prompt replies

vasantn Apr 27, 2005 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Nope. Access to 1st and business lounges only when travelling on a trip that is not solely "domestic" that day based on AA's screwed up idea of what domestic means

Dave

Also, AC access on paid F/J transcons.

aaupgrade Apr 27, 2005 8:57 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
Also, AC access on paid F/J transcons.

Not quite true.

Transcontinental

Full-Fare First Class and Full-Fare Premium Class passengers departing on, or connecting to or from, a domestic U.S. nonstop American Airlines transcontinental flight have access to the Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge (where available)#. No guests included in this policy.

On the day of departure, passengers eligible for access must provide their government issued photo identification and one of the following:

Full-Fare First Class ticket or boarding pass confirmed in F or Z inventory, or
Full-Fare Premium Class ticket or boarding pass confirmed in P or Z inventory.

#Access does not include Business or Economy (main cabin) passengers.

Markie Apr 27, 2005 9:03 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Not quite true.

#Access does not include Business or Economy (main cabin) passengers.

Or RTW tickets in A class!

SJCPremier Apr 27, 2005 9:05 am

Does anyone know exactly what is defined as "transcontinental"

aaupgrade Apr 27, 2005 9:18 am

Originally Posted by SJCPremier
Does anyone know exactly what is defined as "transcontinental"

JFK-SEA
JFK-SFO
JFK-LAX
JFK-SAN

IAD-LAX

BOS-LAX
BOS-SFO

MIA-LAX
MIA-SFO

zman Apr 27, 2005 11:53 am

Also BOS-SAN and EWR-LAX

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
JFK-SEA
JFK-SFO
JFK-LAX
JFK-SAN

IAD-LAX

BOS-LAX
BOS-SFO

MIA-LAX
MIA-SFO

Steve B Apr 27, 2005 12:07 pm

What about Lounge access on a business class FF award where the plane only has two classes of service.....meaning it will be First Class travel (to Aruba)?

aaupgrade Apr 27, 2005 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Steve B
What about Lounge access on a business class FF award where the plane only has two classes of service.....meaning it will be First Class travel (to Aruba)?

No access. Unless one of the following two conditions apply:
1. You are connecting to the MIA-AUA flight from a flight from Europe, Mexico City, or Central or South America on the same day.
2. You are arriving into MIA on a non-stop transcon flight from SFO or LAX and connecting to the MIA-AUA flight the same day.

International Premium Class

American Airlines First Class# (including eligible guest) and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to or from, an American Airlines international* flight have access to the Admirals Club on the day** of their international flight.

#International First Class passengers may also use the Flagship Lounge, where available.

*International is defined as Europe, Asia, Central and South America, and Mexico City.

**Connection must be in conjunction with international segment. Stop overs are not permitted.

Please feel free to read American Airlines Airport Lounges Access Policies from AA.com for additional information on Access Policies. It is a far better reference and quicker response than waiting for one of us to go there, retrieve the information for you, and then post it here.

BTW, MIA-AUA flight is Business Class, not First Class. If you are connecting to AUA via MIA, then yoru connecting flight woudl be in First Class (Z Class).

Dave Noble Apr 27, 2005 2:10 pm

So that means if I have serious AA USA domestic travel planned the Qantas Club membership should be retained
unless I can also arrange for QF Gold (OW Sapphire status)

Yup, the Qantas Club membership will be needed to get access when travelling "domestically" in the US.

Dave

AAJetMan Apr 27, 2005 2:42 pm

deleted.

ijgordon Apr 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
Or RTW tickets in A class!

It worked for me a month ago on AA20 from SFO-JFK. I was all set to make a big stink about how I paid over $10K for my ticket and they wouldn't even let me into the lounge. (So what if only a small portion of that went to AA for that segment...)

But alas, I was admitted with no problem. But perhaps because this was a regular AC in SFO, and not the FL in LAX.