Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dirty Diaper!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:37 am

She probably changes didees right on the table in the middle of dinner back at the trailer so tacky as it may have been, you should be glad she didn't stowe the little "gift" in your seat back pocket!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Changing table or not, this should be done in the bathroom or an empty row, but not next to a total stranger. That is just rude.
So its a full flight and the lavs don't have changing tables - what do you suggest? Do you honestly expect a parent to change their kid on the floor of the airplane lav?

Direct your outrage to airlines who can't fit a simple folding table to at least one bathroom on a plane.

At least on DL I noticed an FA placing a clean blanket on the bathroom floor so a baby could be changed. The AA FA could have suggested that - but - good luck finding a blanket on a AA flight in coach...
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CTPremEx
So its a full flight and the lavs don't have changing tables - what do you suggest? Do you honestly expect a parent to change their kid on the floor of the airplane lav?
How they do it in the bathroom is up to them. I would reccomend putting down the toilet seat cover and doing it there. Using a clean towel to cover the seat would probably be a good idea. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect parents to carry one with them.

Direct your outrage to airlines who can't fit a simple folding table to at least one bathroom on a plane.
I will, but that does not excuse parents from being inconsiderate of others.

At least on DL I noticed an FA placing a clean blanket on the bathroom floor so a baby could be changed. The AA FA could have suggested that - but - good luck finding a blanket on a AA flight in coach...
A blanket would also be a good idea, but you're right that they are few and far between and not likely to be clean.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:38 am
Suspended

That's revolting. I would have said something. The parents should do it in the lav, changing table or not. What's wrong with the toilet seat cover, or the floor, especially since one would cover it. This woman sounds like a inconsiderate piece of garbage.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
One can buy a portable changing pad for about $4 which can be put on any solid surface.

that being said, maybe you should cut her some slack - as a new father I can tell you taking care of a infant is much tougher than flying the redeye!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TimMeineke
One can buy a portable changing pad for about $4 which can be put on any solid surface.

that being said, maybe you should cut her some slack - as a new father I can tell you taking care of a infant is much tougher than flying the redeye!
No way. No slack at all. I don't care how hard it is to care for a crying baby. It is common sense to know it's extremely rude to do what this lady did. I will cut her absolultely no slack whatsoever.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

I am more than happy to cut babies and their parents slack when it comes to crying, fidgeting, etc., but this goes well beyond what other passengers can be reasonably expected to tolerate. I am sure it is hard, but that's not an excuse for subjecting other passengers to a diaper changing.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:39 pm

I am not condoning the behavior, but just as experienced travelers know to check-in online, choose seats in advance etc, know whether there is a meal service etc, there are many flyers who don't.

When we travelled with our infants, it seemed like we packed 3 suitcases into a couple of backpacks with every imaginable supply, toys, week's supply of food, changing pads, etc etc - e.g I knew that UA 737s did not have changing tables...I asked before the trip.

My beef is mostly with the airlines and ever declining service and amenities - many infants travel today, and providing at least one changing table in an airplane should be a no-brainer. If these are available and made known to parents - and somebody is still being inconsiderate and changing messy diapers in such a public/packed environment - then bring on the opprobrium
Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CTPremEx
My beef is mostly with the airlines...
Really??? My beef is mostly with the lady who chose to be rude.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Really??? My beef is mostly with the lady who chose to be rude.
Fine, but if you read the rest of my post - I am not condoning the lady.

I have a problem with airlines not being able to provide what I see as a basic amenity in public restrooms - a changing table. It appears you don't. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Have a good weekend.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
while you're discussing diapers, need to stock up??

As much as I detest the new ads strewn in the middle of the discussion...

In this particular case, they are hilarious. Am I the only one who noticed them?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by rpmkwpw
As much as I detest the new ads strewn in the middle of the discussion...

In this particular case, they are hilarious. Am I the only one who noticed them?
I didn't even glance at them...but you're right, they're HILARIOUS!!! This can't be a coincidence!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by trekker
I didn't even glance at them...but you're right, they're HILARIOUS!!! This can't be a coincidence!
Nah, I think they're targeted based on keyword (probably in topic title). While it's an interesting marketing tool, it's a bit odd in this case.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Ot...

Originally Posted by rpmkwpw
Nah, I think they're targeted based on keyword (probably in topic title). While it's an interesting marketing tool, it's a bit odd in this case.
yep, i think you're right... the ads are coming from the googleadservices or something like that, same ones that, obviously appear when you log in to Gmail, and they display ads based on the keywords of the email...
Good thing google has POP3 access so I dont have to deal with those ads too.
Here, my firefox blocks everything, as others have noted, however, the posts really take a longer time to load since this new ad thing was introduced....

Chris
Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Changing table or not, this should be done in the bathroom or an empty row, but not next to a total stranger. That is just rude.
^^

I've changed diapers in an MD-80 lav. It can be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.