Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is everyone's requalification year going?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2005, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Fennie2578
This year it could have been the closest to 100k ever for me(100,005 EQM). But something just came up yesterday that I have to make additional 3 RTs between LAX and NRT in December; got totally ruined.
I think you have a good problem! I would love to have all that paid business travel

In regards to your signature, why do you want Expedia.com to die?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:31 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by skye1
it's all been on leisure travel, and on a crappy salary at that too.
Could you tell us your secret how that is done? I've tried the PowerBall Lottery. It has not worked for me.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat.; DL Plat; Hilton Gold
Managed to squeeze out plat with six weeks to spare. Not bad, considering that I lost plat last year and had to do a challenge to get it back. Of course, I got completely screwed because of cheap fares on BA (to JNB via LHR) and on Iberia, where I only got a small fraction of the miles that I thought I was in for...gotta read those rules for one world partners better next time...
Old Nov 19, 2005, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fennie2578
This year it could have been the closest to 100k ever for me(100,005 EQM). But something just came up yesterday that I have to make additional 3 RTs between LAX and NRT in December; got totally ruined.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I'm at 120K and I have a boatload of travel in December. Reaching 100K takes all of the oomph out of it for me.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 9:07 am

24,976 miles flown towards retaining my lowly gold status.

I might have another trip in December, but it looks like I may not be able to fly AA (mid-week trip where I may not have time to deal with connecting flights). I'm probably going to sit around and hope that they'll let me keep my gold anyway (I know they have in past years) but I'd feel better (not enough better to take a day out of my life for a MR) if it was a sure thing.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 9:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
With my current travel booked, I estimate that I will requal for PLT by 4 miles. That's of course assuming that Sabre's mileage calculator matches the AAdvantage mileage calculator.

I think it's probably worth the call to AA to make sure.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:15 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Crossed 100k in July, going to or coming from a nephew's wedding in NJ. Currently:

EQP 109,126
EPM 125,407.

All pleasure. One more trip, for AA, this year so should end up at 110k EQP and 126k EQM. The rest is going into Asia Miles, as did some CX J travel this year.

How about a 25k carryover for the next year?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:46 am

Hit EP again a few weeks ago, no more travel until January now. Time for family.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:51 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Reached 100,000 this week. 2nd time as EXP.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:22 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Went over the 25K mark with our trip to Scotland last month. I don't do a lot of business travel so it's always a bit of a stretch to get Elite on even one airline- but we made it this year and next year looks good, too, given the trips I already have planned.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Have hit Gold for the year, but am going to come up short of PLT. Can hope they offer buy-up, I suppose.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 7:31 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
An unEXPected MR?

Re-qualified as Plat in September, sitting on 72K pts. Thought about a bunch of MRs to push for EXP but couldn't justify the time/money.

Then herself says, Oh dear, our trip to finish our RTW to Israel/Turkey (March) is going to get smushed because of work.

To which I say, Well, what about blitzing it in December, since (a) work is slow and (b) we could both make EXP if we took the long way there and back by New Years?

She didn't say no or words to that effect (stronger stuff usually) so am now awaiting reply from BA in Istanbul with pricing for the (planned) follow-on RTW that might now start in December instead of April. VIPs and other goodies for New Years are now possible. How cool is that?

Thank God for debt.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Due to the curse of Flyertalk, my employer now has me working locally. After Platinum for the last 5 years (Premier Exec on UA for years before that ), I qualifyed for Gold in March.

Darn
Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by RChavez
With my current travel booked, I estimate that I will requal for PLT by 4 miles. That's of course assuming that Sabre's mileage calculator matches the AAdvantage mileage calculator.

I think it's probably worth the call to AA to make sure.
You can also use aa.com's reservation system to find out the miles by pricing an itinerary. Hopefully nothing gets shortened between now and the end of the year.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
Yeah, that's a bummer. I'm at 120K and I have a boatload of travel in December. Reaching 100K takes all of the oomph out of it for me.
I completely understand! With the requalifications completed in the summer I was thinking of just resting. Then the bossman served up a whole heap of travel and I'm like dang, I wish there was a rolling requalification window, since I'd complete the 2006 qualification year in January!

Don't you hate it when you plan your requals to cut it as closely as possible and then you have to go over! Too bad we can't donate our EQMs to my gf or a FlyerTalker in need! There'd be a lot of EXPs!!!

P.S. Thanks panjabi for bumping up this thread!!!

Last edited by CharlesMD; Nov 20, 2005 at 8:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.