Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL ends buy-on-board and pillows

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:17 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Most of the BOB snack packs(AA,TED,etc) are nothing but Diabetes-in-a-box.
There's too much sugar, starch and empty calories. So pax get fatter and the airlines end up using more fuel to ferry their fat a$$es around.
Same for most foods at airport restaurants, convenience stores, and well, generally in our lives nowadays. Just try to eat healthy.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by armchair_critic
I opted for the wrap; it was dry and flavorless - nothing like the Chicken Caesar Wrap they have been offering as a snack in Biz on red-eyes. I know that If I were to be riding in the back of the bus and had enticing, appetizing choices (come on AA - innovate and create), I wouldn't mind paying a little more for BOB. Instead, the 5 dollars paid for the wrap felt like a tremendous waste!
I missed a JFK-SFO upgrade earlier this year and tried the BOB turkey croissant sandwich. It was actually pretty good, with lots of turkey and a hard-boiled egg. It was pretty fresh, too, and not nearly as greasy as the Bistro Bag sandwich roll. I've paid a lot more for worse in airports.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
AA should take a cue from US Airways, which has an excellent BOB program. For $7, US serves a substantial-sized sandwich with chips and cookie, or a turkey wrap. Breakfast (also $7) is a ham and cheese croissant, or coffee cake with a large fruit bowl. $5 "snack boxes" with a smaller sandwich and other assorted items are available as well.

While I haven't had the misfortune of flying in Y on AA since February 1, the BOB options look pathetic. Better than the bAArf...er, Bistro Bags perhaps, but even the $5 "meal" is inadequate for a 5- or 9-hour flight to California or Hawaii.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:32 pm

It sure would be nice if AA could somehow start providing really good MEALs for purchase (hot meals, i.e. first class style meals) during meal times. I imagine alot of people would pay $10 to $20 for real food during peak times instead of $5 for crap that tastes bad to adults not to mention children.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
Originally Posted by bursa
Same for most foods at airport restaurants, convenience stores, and well, generally in our lives nowadays. Just try to eat healthy.

I agree..plan ahead if it might be better for you. I always carry some sort of food I like with me on a plane. Bottled water in my bag, and trail mix and a bagel. All is good.

I'm full and not complaining.

Its all about you and what you want. Keep that in mind. Everyone is different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.