AA.Com bug with SWU/VIP?

Old Mar 7, 05, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
AA.Com bug with SWU/VIP?

Has anyone experienced this?

On my trip below I requested to use my VIPs to upgrade. After I did the itinerary no longer showed up on AA.com-> My Reservations. The record locator does but no itinerary.

The strange part is I have a very similiar flight last month that did still show it after using someone else VIPs that were expiring. Quite strange.

3/19 SFO->DFW
3/19 DFW->ZRH
3/20 ZRH->TLV (code share with swiss air).
3/26 TLV->ZRH
3/27 ZRH->JFK
3/27 JFK->TLV

Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 05, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Old, well-known and much-discussed problem. Your itinerary will be invisible until/unless the upgrades clear.
Old Mar 7, 05, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Very common and very normal. This has been written about extensively on this site. The flights will "reappear" after the upgrades have cleared.
Old Mar 7, 05, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6 MM, AC, DL (MM) & Lifetime SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton Diamond;too many others;
Some are visible most are not

I currently have three RT LAX-LHR with visibilty as follows:

Trip 1 visible: Outbound and return both cleared upgrades: Entire itinerary is visible for seat selections in upgraded class *after* upgrades cleared but not visible before *both* upgrades cleared.

Trip 2 visible: Outbound upgrade Cleared return Waitlisted. Entire itinerary was visible for seat selection including return segment in coach for which I was waitlisted for upgrade to business. I was puzzled because only outbound had cleared upgrade yet reservation was visible for seat selection in coach for return segment *before* return upgrade cleared. I assumed that I was not on the waitlist because of itinerary visibility but EXP desk confirmed that I was still waitlisted for upgrade on return. EXP desk called two weeks later to confirm upgrade cleared and now itinerary shows upgraded class for seat selection. Entire itinerary was visible *after* outbound upgrade cleared but *before* return upgrade clearing.

Trip 3 invisible: Outbound waitlisted return upgrade confirmed. As expected itinerary is not visible.

I've not figured out why itinerary 2 was visible *prior* to all upgrades clearing while the other two were not visible.

[edited for type error from stuttering keyboard]

Last edited by ROW2Aisle; Mar 7, 05 at 8:07 pm
Old Mar 8, 05, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Total Rewards PLT, Starbucks GLD
There does seem to be some inconsistency.

Last time, I requested a mileage upgrade on the inbound...didn't disappear. Mileage upgrade cleared.
Then requested VP upgrade on the outbound (using a friend's VP), it disappeared.
It reappeared after the VP upgrade cleared.

Currently, I did the same thing on another itinerary....inbound mileage and later a VP on outound (though using my VP). VP cleared, mileage still waitlisted. The reservation has never disappeared.
Old Mar 8, 05, 3:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium
My vip reservation disappeared as soon as I got off the phone from requesting the upgrade. Not back since. Not expected until EVERY upgrade on the reservation clears. Something to do with the Y seats and J seat waitlisted as well.
Old Mar 8, 05, 9:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by 925
My vip reservation disappeared as soon as I got off the phone from requesting the upgrade. Not back since. Not expected until EVERY upgrade on the reservation clears. Something to do with the Y seats and J seat waitlisted as well.
Well, as posted here a lot, YMMV. I have a mileage request (made before 12/1) for travel in May. Outbound has cleared, return not yet. All visible. In my expereince, mileage and VIP upgrades behave the same online. So, it seems to be different for different people. My guess is that the right AAgent can make yours come back.

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 05, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

A learning. If you want them to remain visible then make an arrangement with a friend to use each others VIPs.

When I used one from someone else a month ago both remained visible.

When I use my own the are not.

Search this Thread