2MM, thanks FT.

Old Mar 5, 05, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
2MM, thanks FT.

I want to thank the many FT members who have helped me reach my goal of 2MM on AA. This happened about 10 months ahead of my projected schedule, set on 1/1/04, when I still needed 500,000 miles to reach the 2MM, figuring it would take 2 years. Your sharing the knowledge and experience on this board made all the difference. Thanks again. And now, on to 3MM.
Old Mar 5, 05, 2:16 pm

About 8 months behind ya. Congratulations, Lifetime Plat!
Old Mar 5, 05, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Congratulations, Bob!
Old Mar 5, 05, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Gold, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Nice going, rbAA!!

I'm at 1,935,000, hoping to get to 2MM around end of year.
Old Mar 5, 05, 4:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Congratulations
Old Mar 5, 05, 4:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Congratulations! I remember when I reached 2mm a few years ago. For days, I walked around feeling sooo good!! It was a genuine feeling of accomplishment or like winning the lottery!!
Old Mar 5, 05, 7:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by fredmartens
About 8 months behind ya. Congratulations, Lifetime Plat!
Hi QF lurker here - reading this thread I am slightly confused : what is the connection between having 2 million miles and Lifetime Platinum on AA ?
Old Mar 5, 05, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, M+B Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Prem Elite, Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Hi QF lurker here - reading this thread I am slightly confused : what is the connection between having 2 million miles and Lifetime Platinum on AA ?
2 million miles == Lifetime Platinum
Old Mar 5, 05, 8:11 pm

Programs: SPG GLD
2 million miles (BIS or otherwise) in the AA program entitles one to lifetime Platinum status. Not a bad deal, eh?

rbAA: Would you mind recounting for those of us who are interested how you went about adding 500k miles to your account in just over a year?
Old Mar 5, 05, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Governator
2 million miles == Lifetime Platinum
Let me get this clear - get 2 million miles, NO MATTER HOW THEY ARE EARNED, and get Life Plat ?

In other words you could in theory, for example, earn 1.8 million from partners, only 200,000 miles on flights on AA, and you would get an AA Life Plat. Have I got this right ?!?

And do you have to earn 2mm in total, or do you have to have that in actual credit ? (i.e. to apply for this can you not spend the miles until you have 2 mill. of them ?!?)

And how indeed did you earn 1/2 a million miles in a year rbAA ?!?

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Mar 5, 05 at 8:58 pm
Old Mar 5, 05, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Let me get this clear - get 2 million miles, NO MATTER HOW THEY ARE EARNED, and get Life Plat ?

In other words you could in theory, for example, earn 1.8 million from partners, only 200,000 miles on flights on AA, and you would get an AA Life Plat. Have I got this right ?!?

And do you have to earn 2mm in total, or do you have to have that in actual credit ? (i.e. to apply for this can you not spend the miles until you have 2 mill. of them ?!?)

And how indeed did you earn 1/2 a million miles in a year rbAA ?!?

1 Million Miles = Lifetime Gold
2 Million Miles = Liftetime Platinum

Total of all miles deposited from any source.
You can see your lifetime total on your online statement

It has nothing to do with how many miles you have spent.
Old Mar 5, 05, 9:24 pm

**Unnecessary Post**
Old Mar 5, 05, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
**Unnecessary Post**
Bizarre !

Bit OT, but trying to compare this to QF Lifetime Status - 2 million is a hell of a lot of miles, but QF Life Gold (Sapphire, equivalent of AA Plat., right ?) comes after 14,000 Status Credits*, and I'm trying to work out how many miles, on average, one would get while earning 14,000 SCs ! And they have to be ALL on QF and Oneworld flights of course, you get nothing to Life Status for other earning (car rental, hotels, flights with other partners, etc).

* = QF Status Credits - Flight below 1000 miles in length earns, for e.g., 10 in Discount Economy, 20 in Full Economy, 30 in Business. London - Sydney (10,586 miles) for e.g. earns 60 in Disc. Ec., 120 in Full Ec., 240 in Businesss, 480 in First.

Maybe I'll stick this on QF Forum too and see if anyone there wants to guess which is better !!!
Old Mar 5, 05, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
The 2 million miles for lifetime Plat and 1MM for lifetime Gold can come from credit card spending, as well, so if you've got a lot of purchasing to do for your company (or yourself if you're insanely wealthy) you don't even have to fly AA to obtain such status.
Old Mar 5, 05, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Baeck
2 million miles (BIS or otherwise) in the AA program entitles one to lifetime Platinum status. Not a bad deal, eh?

rbAA: Would you mind recounting for those of us who are interested how you went about adding 500k miles to your account in just over a year?
Started 2004 with the triple mile promo, a couple of OAK-LGA RT's to set the table. NRT and HKG in Feb (also, during Jan thru March, I was getting 100,000 miles on LH with a couple SFO-FPO FC trips on US and some AirRail RT's in March.) March in Germany, April in HKG, May a couple JFK RT's, Aug in Paris, Sept was Asia Do in HKG, Nov in London and Milan, Jan 05 in Zurich, Feb 05 in Osaka and Shanghai, and the trip to IAD on 3/2 to put me over the top. In addition to EXP, EUR04, JPN04, FLY04 bonuses, I have had 20,000 miles from eRewards, 10k from both T Mobile Hotspot and Earthlink, eBay AP and points.com of over 30k and between 2000 and 5000 per month from Citi, as well as 12500 from the Citi MC 2x promo, and a few others, AA eShopping/iDine/Air Miles Mart/ etc.

It helps that I routed myself thru DFW on some of the Asia trips and via MIA for most of the Europe trips. Ended 2004 at 125,000 BIS miles and am at 35,000 BIS for 2005. Only one segment on AA in coach, as well as a few codeshare's in coach, though my recent trip to Osaka , JL UPG'd me to Business, though it was only NRT-ITM-NRT. Very few CMR's as I always tried to stay awhile in Europe and Asia.

Search this Thread