Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 COLD WIND in Center Seats (rear of cabin?)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
777 COLD WIND in Center Seats (rear of cabin?)

Question:

Has anyone else experienced a COLD COLD wind (not from personal air vents) while seated in the LAST row of First or Business on a 777?

The last row of First seemed to be colder on the ground during taxi out/in than in flight . but it still was there.

The last row (and maybe the one ahead) in Business seemed to get colder the minute the door closed. And on a NRT-ORD client I was very cold the whole trip (even with a blanket).

Noticed this last week on LHR-ORD lady in second to last row center immediately complained of cold air... and wrapped up in blanket the whole flight.

The aisle seats in Business at the back of the cabin (13) are fine... it is something to do with the center section.

Have complained . and told that Maintenance would fix. It has NOT happened on EVERY 777 .. have had 13D sometimes by accident and it was fine.. other birds .. I froze. The FA's claim it is something about the END/back of a cabin .. they told me to walk forward and the front of the cabin was always too warm in order to keep the back from being too cold.

Such is technology I guess!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:49 am

Common

Originally Posted by JGR01
Question:

Has anyone else experienced a COLD COLD wind (not from personal air vents) while seated in the LAST row of First or Business on a 777?

The last row of First seemed to be colder on the ground during taxi out/in than in flight . but it still was there.

The last row (and maybe the one ahead) in Business seemed to get colder the minute the door closed. And on a NRT-ORD client I was very cold the whole trip (even with a blanket).

Noticed this last week on LHR-ORD lady in second to last row center immediately complained of cold air... and wrapped up in blanket the whole flight.

The aisle seats in Business at the back of the cabin (13) are fine... it is something to do with the center section.

Have complained . and told that Maintenance would fix. It has NOT happened on EVERY 777 .. have had 13D sometimes by accident and it was fine.. other birds .. I froze. The FA's claim it is something about the END/back of a cabin .. they told me to walk forward and the front of the cabin was always too warm in order to keep the back from being too cold.

Such is technology I guess!
-------------------------

Can't comment on the 777, but can say that many times on airplane there is a draft that will hit you from above the seat. Never been able to figure out why or where it originates from.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I've experienced this sitting in 10G and 11D on the 777, but I've also experienced this on many different flights and aircraft. I think the cabin temperature tends to be kept somewhat low for the comfort of the FAs, who get hot while working. This often makes the cabin cold for passengers. I've found that the FAs will sometimes turn the temp up if requested.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Is that the infamous tail wind the cockpit crew is always talking about?

(Sorry, it's the sushi and Moet talking from the LAX Flagship Lounge...)
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
TAIL wind would only apply to the last rows of ECOMONY

HEAD wind would only apply to the first rows of FIRST

what blows in the middle then??
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In the middle, sometimes it just blows... oh, that's a bulkhead with babies on either side!

I think the vent systems and uneven can be the culprits, and sometimes it can feel chilly - but it's interesting: I can board, get to feeling chilled after a while and use the blanket - breakfast is served, all of a sudden it's like a male hot flash! (Yeah, we can get 'em too. It's like an unadvertised special...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.