Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premiere Platinum
Customer Service Bonus

AA just posted 5,000 miles to my account under a "Customer Service Bonus." I have been pretty seriously delayed several times while flying this fall/winter, but I haven't complained to AA about (usually wasn't their fault). Whats up?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Old sayings about not checking the dentistry of gratis equine come to mind.

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sometimes AA seems to award compensation to manifested elite AAdvantage members of a flight that went south. Even if you considered the incident "force majeure," they did the right thing. ^

brp said it better than I. Be thankful AA can be a stand-up airline, and then pray that trait maintains some consistency.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premiere Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Sometimes AA seems to award compensation to manifested elite AAdvantage members of a flight that went south. Even if you considered the incident "force majeure," they did the right thing. ^

brp said it better than I. Be thankful AA can be a stand-up airline, and then pray that trait maintains some consistency.
I'm not complaining! I'll take 5000 miles any day, just wondering where it came from
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:30 pm

Not for a moment did I imagine you were complaining!

Where did they come from? Hmmm, miles from heaven?

Sometimes (good) stuff happens... Can't recall where / when and have not searched, but I do recall others posting similar experiences here. (Not me, though... )

Originally Posted by Wingman32
I'm not complaining! I'll take 5000 miles any day, just wondering where it came from

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 3, 2005 at 3:32 pm
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
I had the same after flight LHR-ORD turned back after about 3/4 after take off due to mechanical problem.
Didn't complain - but a week or so later had 8000 miles deposited in my account and an email from the Customer Services apologising.
Did post it on the AA forum - err mid January so possibly that is where JDiver saw it.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Sometimes AA seems to award compensation to manifested elite AAdvantage members of a flight that went south...
I got some recently for a flight that was supposed to go south - but didn't.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:33 pm

Seems my choice of words, when addressing airline operations, was slightly deficient. I'll say it was "force majeure" and skate...

Originally Posted by Efrem
I got some recently for a flight that was supposed to go south - but didn't.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I've been very pleased with AA recently because of these Customer Service Bonuses. For a recent 90k J award to Euope, I got 20k miles back in these bonuses! Even better, 15k show up without my asking (after I had sent, and before they received, my first ever complAAint letter), then I got another 5k about two weeks later. I found this extemely generorus, especially since I never asked for any miles!

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:10 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I had 7,000 miles appear in my account after an [award] LGW-DFW flight in J that was delayed 1+ hours by headwinds and then made an unscheduled stop in STL due to mechanical problems (lavatories malfunctioned). I received a letter 2 weeks later apologizing and explaining that the miles had been added. I ahd thought about writing a complaint letter, but the miles appeared too quickly. It was a pleasant surprise.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
S.O. HUB Flyer and I both got 10,000 unsolicited miles recently for a diverted flight due to a mechanical issue. Only I have AAdvantage status. We got an identical email from 'Wecaare001.' I didn’t intend to complain about it but the miles were a nice touch.

I wondered whether AA did this totally without prompting or if perhaps at least one other passenger complained so they awarded miles to others members on the flight?

Last edited by HUB Flyer; Nov 7, 2010 at 11:27 am Reason: Spelling, as usual.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:47 am

Programs: AAexp, HH <>, others
back when I was a regular on the LGA AUS with the stop over in HOU I commonly gotter weather related milage apologies from HOU even though I never got off the plane durring the 20 or so minutes there and was always delayed at LGA. While I found it interesting that HOU was willing to do something with LGA wasn't and the implied degree of local control over customer service milage. I have also received bonus miles for going to Hawaii for option out of a AUS-DFW-ORD to a AUS-ORD direct. We should all be afraid AA knows what junkies some of us are for miles.
Old May 24, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Thumbs up

I was pleased to find an apology email and 8000 miles posted for a 3 hour delay on 102 DFW-HNL on 5/14. What amAAzed me even more was that I got a call that afternoon from AA offering to re-accomadate me on an earlier flight since I was on a connection to LGA. Of course I declined, why would I want decline an opoprtunity to leave Hawaii early?

Dear Mr:

You travel with us too often for us to let the circumstances surrounding flight 102 on May 14 go by without an apology. After learning the details from our manager in Honolulu, it was clear how inconvenienced you and the other customers were while traveling with us to Dallas/Fort Worth and we are truly sorry.

In appreciation for your patience during this situation, we've added 8,000
Customer Service Bonus miles to your AAdvantageŽ account. You should see this mileage adjustment in your account very soon. You can view your AAdvantage account via our web site, http://www.aa.com.

While the delay of your flight was unavoidable, we know how important it is for our customers to rely on the on-time arrivals and departures of our flights. We are working hard to improve our dependability and will do our best to provide a smooth trip the next time you fly with us. We'll look forward to the opportunity.

This is an "outgoing only" email address. If you 'reply' to this message by
simply selecting the reply button, we will not receive your additional comments. Please assist us in providing you with a timely response to any feedback you have for us by always sending us your email messages via AA.com at http://www.aa.com/customerrelations.

Sincerely,

William R. Hodges
Customer Relations
American Airlines
Old May 24, 2005, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
If a local manager is on the ball, when a flight really goes to h*ll and a hand basket, they will send an email to Customer Relations about it. Customer Relations has an internal email inbox specifically for this kind of thing. It's dedicated to proactive resolutions. An email from the airport about a really bad flight will likely generate a proactive contact from Customer Relations, usually via email, and with a few miles as a peace offering to elites....maybe even non-elites depending on how bad things were.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.