FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2005 Discount Code (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/395541-2005-discount-code.html)

elimuli Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm

2005 Discount Code

Hi,
Are there any 10% discount codes floating around???
Thanks!
Eli

nako Jan 31, 2005 8:51 pm

:rolleyes: I figure the likelihood is high that a valid code will be posted to any of the existing several threads where someone has already asked the same question, when a valid code is found.

Mike

brp Jan 31, 2005 8:55 pm

Naw, why not start a new thread on a much discussed topic? Seems all the rage here. Besides, maybe someone knows one, and just forgot to put it in one of those other threads.

Cheers.

zsmith2 Jan 31, 2005 8:58 pm

You got my hopes up.... :rolleyes:

JonNYC Jan 31, 2005 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2
You got my hopes up.... :rolleyes:

Maybe the next time the OP puts up this a post on this exact topic (and looking at the posting history, there most certainly will be a next time, that's for sure) would it be too much to ask that it go up as:

"looking for 2005 discount code"
-or-
"is there a 2005 discount code?"
-or- (at the very least)
"2005 discount code?"

sholmes149 Feb 1, 2005 7:48 am

Originally Posted by elimuli
Eli

If you're going to a city with lots of conventions, get a listing of the conventios via google, find the appropriate convention, and google the organizers for the airline discount code. For major cities, more often then not, you can find a discount code.

Of course you have to wrestle with conscience whether to do it or not...

S

Emerexitchick Feb 1, 2005 4:22 pm

Susan G Komen

I saw literature for the Breast Cancer Walk and one of the sponsors is American Airlines. Maybe, you can get sponsors, do the walk, do something nice for charity and when you're done with the race, they'll give you a 10% discount code flyer as they've done in the past.

elimuli Feb 3, 2005 4:05 pm

its almost half way through feb. there must be something out there...

brp Feb 3, 2005 4:10 pm

Doesn't look that way, does it?

Cheers.

TrojanHorse Feb 3, 2005 5:58 pm

are you sure?

Can someone check again?

Originally Posted by brp
Doesn't look that way, does it?

Cheers.

JonNYC Feb 3, 2005 6:07 pm

But There **has** To Be!

Can't you see that there MUST be a code?? "its almost half way through feb. there must be something out there..."

(3 is 1/2 of 28 still--right??)

brp Feb 3, 2005 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC

(3 is 1/2 of 28 still--right??)

Well, of course it is, silly man. 28. Take the 8, subtract the 2, leaves 6. 3 is 1/2 of 6, right? Sheesh. How much more obvious can it be.

Cheers.

johnep1 Feb 3, 2005 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by elimuli
Hi,
Thanks!
Eli

Nope, just those dang 20% off codes. Sorry. ;)

Usually AA waits until the 3rd half of Feb to release the 10% off codes, so we should have something on the 9th.

JonNYC Feb 3, 2005 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Well, of course it is, silly man. 28. Take the 8, subtract the 2, leaves 6. 3 is 1/2 of 6, right? Sheesh. How much more obvious can it be.

The exact same math I use when I tell people I made it "almost 1/2 way through college."

azmmza Feb 3, 2005 6:59 pm

I highly doubt we will ever see a code here on ft ever again.
If I had a code I would not publicize it here, as that would be a sure way to have aa shut it down. I might share it with a few veteran fters but you would not see me posting it here. I’m sure others would agree with me, I guess people should do a google search for codes to specific markets but don’t expect to see a 10 percent off code on these boards any time soon