Search

AC membership from credit card points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
AC membership from credit card points

Well, debit card points, actually.

I just got my new Morgan Stanley Platinum debit card in the mail, along with the rewards program catalog. It has all the normal rewards - gift cards, domestic airline ticket for 25,000 points. What I found very strange, however, is that they offer a one-year AC membership for 25,000 points! That same membership could cost someone 45,000 to 70,000 miles (depending on status).

Does this seem like a great deal to anybody else? The downside, of course, is that it is a debit card, and not a credit card.

Are there any other credit cards that have this type of reward?
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Well not really. It would cost you $25,000 in purchases to get the 25,000 miles to redeem, while you wouldn't spend anywhere near that much to get the greater # of points to buy an AC membership. A new membership costs from $300 to $450 so if you think that's worth $25,000 spent to get the points then it is a good deal, but with that same 25,000 you could fly anywhere in North America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.