Is UFB Direct miles for banking offer legit?

Old Dec 20, 11, 6:52 pm

According to this post:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/aadvan...-the-internet/

this bank is back alive doing AA miles again. The blogger links to this page:

http://www.ufbdirect.com/ufbdirect/p...-checking.aspx

which basically says you get 1 mile per $2 on a debit card, and you can also qualify for a 1,000 mile one-time bonus for a direct deposit totaling $1,000 or more in a calendar month.

At least their terms are a little clearer than BankDirect on the direct deposit front.
Old Nov 8, 12, 4:02 pm

Programs: 24 million points to burn!
Has anyone had their miles post from October loads from their ufb DC onto their Bluebird? I want to know if feeding the bird this way actually earns miles. I mean, it's a POS transaction, so it should. But I'd just like to see some confirmation, that's all. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 12, 4:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Just found out the UFB Direct debit card has a transaction limit of $1500. So not that good for paying large tax bills.
Old Jul 15, 13, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Not too much recent information on this thread, but I have been using this bank for a debit card alternative for legitimate spend at debit card only grocery stores like aldi and woodmans in IL.

I always get my miles 30 days after statement close. This month it is 45 days and I still have not gotten my miles. Anyone else have this problem? (A very old posting states that once they run out of miles, maybe this is the case).
Old Jul 16, 13, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Not too much recent information on this thread, but I have been using this bank for a debit card alternative for legitimate spend at debit card only grocery stores like aldi and woodmans in IL.

I always get my miles 30 days after statement close. This month it is 45 days and I still have not gotten my miles. Anyone else have this problem? (A very old posting states that once they run out of miles, maybe this is the case).
Last miles deposit to my AA account is at the end of April. I have stopped using its debit card until new miles is coming.
Old Jul 29, 13, 7:50 am
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
Not sure which bonehead designed the server-side software for this -- who thought it would be a bright idea to use SSN as a username?

Hoping it's just for the account setup and that I get to use something else.

(Also hoping that I, the posters above, and everyone else gets AA miles, or this is going straight to account closure...)

EDIT: Not sure if this program is dead, but I just got rejected for an app. Oh well. Moving on.

Last edited by KPT; Jul 29, 13 at 4:09 pm
Old Jul 31, 13, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
All is good! My May and June miles posted.
Old Jul 31, 13, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Preacher7 View Post
Has anyone had their miles post from October loads from their ufb DC onto their Bluebird? I want to know if feeding the bird this way actually earns miles. I mean, it's a POS transaction, so it should. But I'd just like to see some confirmation, that's all. Thanks!
Yes, I have done this a lot.
Old Jul 31, 13, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by thnarf View Post
Just found out the UFB Direct debit card has a transaction limit of $1500. So not that good for paying large tax bills.
After much prodding I got them to increase my limit to $1750. They were VERY resistant. Not much difference, but a little better.
Old Aug 24, 13, 12:06 am

I've been using UFB since the beginning of 2013, and I'm very happy. The AA miles are supposed to post at the end of the month or in the first few days of the following month, but sometimes they post about a month later than that. However, they have always posted eventually.

Customer service is excellent over the phone and via email. With debit card options so limited in the miles/points arena, I'm very happy with the way this has been working out for me so far. I'd recommend UFB Direct.
Old Sep 6, 13, 12:40 pm

Hmm, my account got awarded 1000 miles this month instead of 7-8K I was expecting

Could be some promo I've forgot about, but generally they just post all the miles monthly in one swoop; anyone else sees a wrong amount ?
Old Sep 6, 13, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
Hmm, my account got awarded 1000 miles this month instead of 7-8K I was expecting

Could be some promo I've forgot about, but generally they just post all the miles monthly in one swoop; anyone else sees a wrong amount ?
My wife just got that - first month promo. No regular miles yet.
Old Sep 6, 13, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
My wife just got that - first month promo. No regular miles yet.
But my first month was January - are they that slow?

Don't want to call yet - why rock the boat

God, I wish I knew about this account earlier (or paid attention to it), easy annual 100K unless they kick me off
Old Sep 6, 13, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
But my first month was January - are they that slow?

Don't want to call yet - why rock the boat

God, I wish I knew about this account earlier (or paid attention to it), easy annual 100K unless they kick me off
Easy? To get to that many miles, you've got to charge $1500/day for 133 days. You can do that?
Old Sep 6, 13, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Easy? To get to that many miles, you've got to charge $1500/day for 133 days. You can do that?
I wan't spoonfeed, but go to Manufactured Spending and read...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: