Wiki Posts
Search

New Angle in American Way

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage
New Angle in American Way

Has anyone noticed the new approach in the "passenger information" section in the back of American Way? The longish story on the first page of the PI pages (and a couple of the shorter blurbs on the second page) are now actually stories about passengers. I noticed they'd gone a different direction in December with that story about the pilot in Boston, but this is, I think, a good step toward supporting what AA has been pushing as its "new brand idea" -- the "We know why you fly" deal.

It looks like they're primarily collecting the stories through that http://www.whyyoufly.com/ site that was discussed here last fall, but if I recall, it was dismissed by a lot of FTers because the site was announced before it was functional and a lot of us got placeholder screens when we tried it. It seems to be working now and is worth looking at -- and hey, maybe your story will appear in American Way! I have no idea if AA will keep this up or not, but if so, it's a nice prompt to get our stories told in print, if you are so inclined. If you submit one, be sure to mention FlyerTalk!

It doesn't look like these stories are included on the AW Web site, so I can't link to them, sorry -- but one of the guys featured in the January issues self-identifies as an Exec Plat -- Nick Hawkins, are you here on FT?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I see AA is going hog wild with their miles, and will donate 25 AAdvantage miles to the Make-a-Wish Foundation for every story we offer! Will these overwhelming levels of incentives never cease?

I do hope some folks here will write - video - photo and send it in... and it might even be another way to send in a horror story (the poster who couldn't even get AAnytime AAward to LIM to see her dying parent?) and maybe get a second look. But the good stuff is great, and another way to let folks know why we do keep flying AA. (MRTC! Whoops, no... Free international upgrades using miles! Uh, no more... Meals and special meal availability on domestic routes! Uh, not either... but I know there are reasons! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.