AA award travel for Thanksgiving 2005

Old Jan 1, 05, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
AA award travel for Thanksgiving 2005

Just booked two 25K coach award tickets to see the Macy's parade in New York City later this year (Wed arrival, Fri departure). I promised one of the nephews at Christmas that I would take him back. Was surprised to see all sorts of availability from the Bay Area. Anyone else thinking of going?
Old Jan 1, 05, 6:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Platinum
Two years ago flew DFW - LGA and was also surprised how many award seats were available.

If your schedule permits, take your nephew to the parade staging area Wednesday evening at the Museum of Natural History at 81st St and Central Park West and join the thousands of families who come by to watch them inflate the giant parade characters.
Old Jan 1, 05, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Not to NYC for thanksgiving, but thanksgiving is typically when I do a MR with a mini europe vacation. Leave on Wednesday night, arrive Thursday AM, depart Monday AM and that gives you four full days in Europe while taking only one vacation day.

I stayed home this year, but did Paris last year DFW -> CDG and it was like $350 or something great like that. I will probably do London or Zurich this year.
Old Jan 1, 05, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by dfwdal
take your nephew to the parade staging area Wednesday evening at the Museum of Natural History at 81st St and Central Park West
That is the plan for Wed night. DHammer53 from the UA forum set up something in 2004, so hopefully we'll see some FT'ers there in 2005.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: