AA/Alaskan Codeshare

Old Nov 22, 04, 5:27 am
kev
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, QF LT Silver, SPG
Talking AA/Alaskan Codeshare

hi all,

Hopefully this is an easy one....I'm thinking of flying from LAX to YVR next year on an AA codeshare flight operated by Alaskan (i.e. buy a ticket with an AA flight number).

Can I use my OneWorld Sapphire (QF Gold) status to access the Alaskan lounge, or another Oneworld lounge within LAX prior to the flight to YVR (and also a lounge in YVR)? Can I also use my OneWorld status to access business class check-in, security lines etc.

thanks

kev

p.s. if I can use the lounges in LAX and YVR what are they like and do they have showers as I'll be getting off a 14 hour flight from Australia !
Old Nov 22, 04, 8:20 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by kev
Can I use my OneWorld Sapphire (QF Gold) status to access the Alaskan lounge, or another Oneworld lounge within LAX prior to the flight to YVR (and also a lounge in YVR)? Can I also use my OneWorld status to access business class check-in, security lines etc.

thanks

kev

p.s. if I can use the lounges in LAX and YVR what are they like and do they have showers as I'll be getting off a 14 hour flight from Australia !
AS is not part of OneWorld, so your OneWorld status won't get you into the AS Boardrooms. AS Boardrooms have no showers.
Old Nov 22, 04, 10:21 am
travelalot5

Originally Posted by kev
hi all,

Hopefully this is an easy one....I'm thinking of flying from LAX to YVR next year on an AA codeshare flight operated by Alaskan (i.e. buy a ticket with an AA flight number).

thanks

kev

and if you call them AlaskaN rather than Alaska you'll be flogged and thrown out of the airport. Although some leeway is given to those with an Aussie accent.

I would think you can use the AC as a OneWorld benefit but you aren't eligible for any AS elite benefits.

Old Nov 22, 04, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by travelalot5
and if you call them AlaskaN rather than Alaska you'll be flogged and thrown out of the airport. Although some leeway is given to those with an Aussie accent.

I would think you can use the AC as a OneWorld benefit but you aren't eligible for any AS elite benefits.
No you can't use the Admirals Club as travel is not on a Oneworld carrier. Your ticket will show an AS flight number, with small letters sold as AA xxxx.
But basically your principal carrier is AS. So sorry no access to T4's lounge. You'd still have to go to T3 first to get your boarding pass as AS has to check you in, not AA. Unless you have an QF codeshared ticket then QF might be able to issue you a through BP.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 22, 04 at 11:32 am
Old Nov 23, 04, 10:12 am

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
I tried this last month in SEA on a codeshare flight and they said that there is no reciprocity (even though Boardroom Members can use some ACs). It is only $35 - to get in, most companies should be OK with a day pass @that price if you really need it.

Originally Posted by kev
hi all,

thanks

kev

Search this Thread