Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Banking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Miles for Banking

I'm considering opening one of the mileage bank accounts from Bankdirect or Guaranty Bank. Can anyone tell me if either of them allow ACH transfers into and out of their accounts (like ING does)? I plan to keep my existing checking account and want to be able to easily move money.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:51 pm

At bankdirect you can originate outgoing ACH but not incoming.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:29 pm

I have had a Bankdirect account for about 6 months, and could not be more pleased. The interest rate on balances above 10K is a quarter point higher than at Guaranty, and miles have posted accurately and very promptly every month.

I have also made a couple of wire (ACH?) transfers in and out, with no hitch at all. In fact I think they've handled these better than my Bank of America in-person banker.

If you decide to open a Bankdirect account and would like a referral, I'd be happy to oblige. I think there's 1,000 miles in it for both referrer and referree.

Alfonso XIV
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:31 pm

Alfonso,

I too am considering a new account. Please refer me or what do I need to do.

Thanks! Peace!
William
Old Nov 22, 2004, 7:12 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
Alfonso,

I too am considering a new account. Please refer me or what do I need to do.

Thanks! Peace!
William
You've got PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.