FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Lifetime passes on AA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/373528-lifetime-passes-aa.html)

jaynyc Nov 21, 2004 6:12 pm

Lifetime passes on AA

Neiman Marcus is offering a lifetime pass on AA for $1,450,000. I'm assuming that is coach because they are also offering lifetime FC for $3 million; $5 million for two people. :eek:

How many people do you think have plopped down that kind of $$ for lifetime passes? I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend on 'futures' before lifetime AA passes.

AAgoraku Nov 21, 2004 6:20 pm

You don't say

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=lifetime

PapiTheWriter Nov 21, 2004 10:36 pm

I was thinking off buying one of those lifetime passes but I am about $50 short. Maybe next year!

PEACE!

FlyAO2 Nov 22, 2004 6:20 am

Originally Posted by jaynyc
Neiman Marcus is offering a lifetime pass on AA for $1,450,000. I'm assuming that is coach because they are also offering lifetime FC for $3 million; $5 million for two people. :eek:

Actually that is for any inventory, so you could fly First.... Change your mind?? Interested in ponying up $5MM ? :)

UncleDude Nov 22, 2004 6:25 am

Originally Posted by jaynyc

How many people do you think have plopped down that kind of $$ for lifetime passes? I can think of a lot of things I'd rather spend on 'futures' before lifetime AA passes.

I am still trying to get a refund on my Lifetime Passes I got on Braniff, Pan Am and Eastern :td:

SAPMAN Nov 22, 2004 7:05 am

Whose lifetime, yours or AAs? :D Let's see at 6% interest, about $90,000 per year, $7,500 per mo., $2,000 per trip at 4/mo. -- guess I'll stay home.

tfung Nov 22, 2004 2:19 pm

It's great value provided that:

1) you are young and can use it for the next 50 years or more
2) AA still around by then
3) have so much money you don't know what to do with it :D

Besides, someone in the other threads mentioned that you earn normal miles on these passes... so I suppose if you fly so much you can even earn so many miles that whenever you have a holiday with your family, then can all fly for free in F on awards with those miles you saved.. :p

TxAA Flyer Nov 22, 2004 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Whose lifetime, yours or AAs? :D Let's see at 6% interest, about $90,000 per year, $7,500 per mo., $2,000 per trip at 4/mo. -- guess I'll stay home.

Where in the heck can you get 6%? Please share................

:) :) :)

nologic Nov 22, 2004 5:11 pm

Can you put this on a credit card and get miles?

Ignoring interest, if you and you spouse were to spend $100,000 per year each x 25 years = $5M.

If only this was a OW deal...then it still would be damn expensive. :rolleyes:

dspringer28 Nov 22, 2004 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Can you put this on a credit card and get miles?

Nope, only wire transfer.

JDiver Nov 22, 2004 7:56 pm

I'm sure Nieman is doing the usual "Hey, check THIS out!" in their catalogue (like the airship for sale.) And AA is playing along for the cjeap pufflicity. I don't imagine they actually sell too many (as many as they sell airhips?)

FullFare Nov 22, 2004 11:05 pm

So why do you think they're known as "Needless Markup"? :td:

Snoopyo Nov 26, 2004 5:33 pm

Well NM does very good after Xmas sales so do you think they would put one of these passes on the after Xmas mark downs ;)