What to do with 500 Mile Upgrades

Old Nov 19, 04, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

What to do with 500 Mile Upgrades

I have about 40 500 Mile upgrades left in my account and I about to hit EXP soon. Given that I won't need to use them anymore since I will be getting free upgrades, what happens to the upgrades left in my account? How can I use them?
Old Nov 19, 04, 8:02 pm

As they don't expire, you can hold on to them and use them at a point where you aren't EXP.

Mike
Old Nov 19, 04, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As far as I know you'll have to use them to upgrade companions. Also I think they used to be able to be converted into mileage, though I am not sure if they still can be.
Old Nov 19, 04, 8:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to the club - I see I have 40 of these too. Fortunately, they do not expire, I can use them to upgrade traveling companions (I've upgraded friends who were traveling DFW - SJU with us before with no problems,) and if I get desperate I can exchange them for a miserly number of miles (compared to the "old days".) If / when I fall back to (lifetime) Platinum, they will come in handy.

Search this Thread