Wiki Posts
Search

Amending partner award booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Amending partner award booking

Some time ago I booked business class award tickets DUB-LHR-BOM / DEL-LHR-DUB for me and my wife with EI/BA (excellent value at 60,000 miles each).

Is it now possible to upgrade one leg to F (I know that 2 x F award seats are available on our LHR-BOM) and can this be done simply by amending the existing booking over the phone with no other penalty or reissue of tickets ?

The original award booking was made by deducting miles equally from each of our accounts. I now have more than the extra miles needed but my other half doesn't - can we pool them to make up the 20k required (13k/7k) ?

Also, at the time of booking there was no award availability in business on EI for the DUB-LHR leg, so I am ticketed in cattle class. Is it worth asking if availability has now opened up ? I am not bothered about the seat on a 1 hour flight, just the ability to use the priority check-in desk and the lounge.

If no availability does open up, will EI let me use the facilities anyway ? - after all I have "paid" for a business class product.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
A few things:

1. Upgrading even one segment of an award ticket results in the whole award being considered an award for that higher class of service. In other words, you will need to fork over the whole difference in miles between a J and F award. You cannot prorate based on segments.

2. This will be considered a reroute and will require payment of a $100 fee (not sure if per person or if you only pay once).

3. Depending on when you are traveling, EI may not even be offering J class on European flights. That is set to end sometime in early 2005.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.