Community
Wiki Posts
Search

becoming PLT after taking CX flight - what happens?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2004, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

becoming PLT after taking CX flight - what happens?

Hello.

I need 1800 miles to make PLT, which I will get next week when I fly SFO-HKG on CX. Will I get the PLT bonus (it's 50% extra, right?) for this flight? Is there anything I need to tell AA so that it posts correctly?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KSinNYC
Hello.

I need 1800 miles to make PLT, which I will get next week when I fly SFO-HKG on CX. Will I get the PLT bonus (it's 50% extra, right?) for this flight? Is there anything I need to tell AA so that it posts correctly?

Thanks!
If you are flying on CX, only eligible fares will give you miles. Here is the Link to the fare codes. If it is AA codeshare on your ticket, then you will get miles for elite status. You will receive 100% bonus on the segment when you become PLT and thereafter.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

clarification

We are flying H class on CX 873. We provided our AA numbers when we made the reservation. I don't know if it's a code share... booking it through AA was almost $700 more expensive per ticket so we booked it as CX. Did we do something wrong? Is it too late to fix it?

Last edited by KSinNYC; Nov 18, 2004 at 7:15 pm
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:14 pm

H is fine

Miles should count just the same as if it was AA.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BDLBKK
Miles should count just the same as if it was AA.
So will I get a PLT bonus for this flight?
Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KSinNYC
So will I get a PLT bonus for this flight?
Yes. H class on CX will give you 100% elite miles and you should get 100% bonus.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:38 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
When I first made PLT in 2000, it was also via a CX flight. When it posted though, I only got the GLD 25% bonus. I sent an e-mail to AAdvantage customer service, and they changed it to the 100% bonus within 24 hours.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Don't be surprised if the miles/QPts take some time to post. BA flights seem to be posting pretty quickly on AA, but CX flights are taking over a week at present.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 8:52 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
CX posting schedule

I believe I read in the forums CX only sends the data to AA on Mondays. I am sure the CX experts can confirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.