E-Rewards Frustration Having AA Miles Posted!!

Old Nov 17, 04, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Member, (4MM+) Starwood Preferred, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold Plus
Unhappy E-Rewards Frustration Having AA Miles Posted!!

After completing more than 100 surveys on the e-rewards site, I cashed in a two $50 rewards (one with no AA flight requirement) to get a total 5,000 AA miles posted. It's been over 60 days and still no mileage posted to my account. I get bombarded with surveys from e-rewards and they don't even have the courtesy to post my miles!

I've e-mailed them at least 5-6 times and get "canned" responses back from them! Today's latest one stated that I have to wait 4-6 weeks after my AA flight activity actually posts, will they eventually credit my AA account with their 5,000 miles.

Why can't e-rewards be more customer friendly towards those who complete their surveys in a timely manner??

I hope that they post these miles really soon...or I may have to un-subscribe from their service.

Anyone else experience these frustrations with them??

Thanks. bordi20
Old Nov 17, 04, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (3.1 MM), SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, and now formerly Avis Chairman's :(
I've never had a problem. I've used the AA award the past 2 years and each time the miles posted within about a week of the flight miles posting. But if they said you had to wait 4-6 weeks and it's been 60 days, that seems more than a little ridiculous.

BTW, if you ever get it straightened out and decide to stay, I highly recommend you answer yes to just about everything you are remotely knowledgable about. I've been getting a couple $3-5 surveys a month from them - the account racks up quite quickly that way!
Old Nov 17, 04, 1:16 pm

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by bordi20
I have to wait 4-6 weeks after my AA flight activity actually posts

Remember, with e-rewards, the flight requirement begins upto 60 days from when you clain the award then it takes 4-6 weeks to post. My experience, (and I still waiting for some miles to post) is that it takes too long to for miles to post and too long to answer the surveys. It's OK if your a few miles short, but otherwise I suggest you add e-rewards to your spam filter.
Old Nov 17, 04, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
IME, it does take 4 weeks from the date of the qualifying flight for the 2500 mile award to post.

BTW, what $50 reward yields 2500 miles without taking a flight? I've never seen that.
Old Nov 17, 04, 2:11 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA PLT 2.8MM+ (life PLT); IHG PLT Ambassador; UA Gold
I've been trying for months to get activity posted for flights I took in April.. the flights have long since posted to my AA account but no e-rewards bonus. I've sent them email 6 times now, and each time comes back with a form response...
Old Nov 17, 04, 4:39 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA Plat (3MM)/Hyatt Plat/former HH Diamond
Originally Posted by card1953
BTW, what $50 reward yields 2500 miles without taking a flight? I've never seen that.
For the month of August, e-rewards allowed you to claim a $50 reward without taking a flight, but you only received 1250 miles. Alternatively, you could claim a $25 reward without taking a flight and receive 500 miles.

Unfortunately, that award does not currently exist at e-rewards.
Old Nov 17, 04, 5:57 pm

Interestingly, e-rewards own terms in the confirmation email you receive when you claim their usual AA award state that the bonus miles will be posted to your account 3-4 weeks after the flight has posted. But when they're late and you inquire about the delay, the 3-4 weeks become 4-6...
Old Nov 17, 04, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Originally Posted by tudorcity
For the month of August, e-rewards allowed you to claim a $50 reward without taking a flight, but you only received 1250 miles. Alternatively, you could claim a $25 reward without taking a flight and receive 500 miles.
Thanks. Yes, I did see that reward, but then it's only 1250 miles, and the OP indicated that he cashed in two $50 rewards, only one requiring a flight, for a total of 5000 miles. I'm still not sure how he accomplished that.
Old Nov 18, 04, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Member, (4MM+) Starwood Preferred, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold Plus
Thanks to all who responded. I'll hang in there with e-rewards.

Appreciate your time.

Regards, bordi20
Old Nov 18, 04, 9:26 am

never had a problem

I have cashed in about 5x50$rewards with flight requirement.
Always they have posted around 4-5 weeks after my flight.
I'm cashing one for Xmas next......hope there will be no trouble
Old Nov 19, 04, 8:53 am

Another Completed Transaction

To bolster the supporters here, I redeemed a $50/2500 mile award two months ago in anticipation of a MR, which I took on 11/6. The bonus miles posted last night, so about a two week turn around. Not bad, all things considered.
Old Nov 19, 04, 10:10 pm

I had some trouble as well getting my bonuses to post from August, but they did finally go through. I, too, never received replies to my emails, but as long as I got the miles I am happy. I just cashed in another $50 for 2500.

Good advice to always check YES or exagerate to get more surveys and awards. I just wish that there were more redemption opportunities than coupons.

Peace!
Old Nov 20, 04, 7:42 am

Programs: AA 2MM
The whole process is designed annoy. This is my second attempt to cash in for AA miles. The first attempt ended in numerous e-mails to customer support and an eventual re-instatement of the e-miles. If it does not work this time I will go for the HH points and quit the program. E-Rewards really are a PITA.

To: 'xxx'
Subject: RE: e-Rewards Feedback - e-Offer or e-Census Error
Date: Nov 11, 2004 10:18 AM

Good Morning

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We would like to take this time to remind you that it can take anywhere from four to six weeks for the Bonus Miles to post to your AA account, after the regular flight activity has posted.

Although we have access to your redemption information we are not able to research your flight activity. We ask that you please confirm with AA that the flight activity has posted to your AA account. If the flight has posted over six weeks ago and you are certain you booked the flight on aa.com please let us know and we will be happy to research this further for you.

Best Regards,

Tracie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 10:17 AM
To: e-Rewards
Subject: e-Rewards Feedback - e-Offer or e-Census Error

Name: xxx
Phone:
Type: e-Offer or e-Census Error
--------------------------
I have completed the travel to qualify. What do I need to do now?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sep 21, 2004 1:57 PM
To: xxx
Subject: e-Rewards Reward Fulfillment - 2,500 AAdvantage(R) Bonus Miles from American Airlines

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your participation in e-Rewards, the program that rewards you for reading and reacting to e-mail that has been screened to match your interests.

You will receive your reward of 2,500 AAdvantage(R) bonus miles in addition to any other bonus miles you may qualify for when you use AA.com to purchase a one-way or round-trip flight on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection and travel between November 1, 2004 and January 31, 2005. Miles will be credited after travel is completed. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. Bonus will be posted within 3-4 weeks after flight activity is posted to the traveler's AAdvantage account. Bonus applies to person traveling. No registration is required. This offer is not valid in conjunction with AAdvantage Award travel.

(troubleshooting info for technical issues below)
CLIENT BROWSER and OPERATING SYSTEM = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
Old Dec 23, 04, 5:53 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA Plat (3MM)/Hyatt Plat/former HH Diamond
Originally Posted by maisany
To bolster the supporters here, I redeemed a $50/2500 mile award two months ago in anticipation of a MR, which I took on 11/6. The bonus miles posted last night, so about a two week turn around. Not bad, all things considered.
Even better for me this month. Flight on 12/4, miles posted on 12/14, with a 12/4 date! That was by far my quickest posting for e-rewards, as it usually takes a month or so in my experience.

Search this Thread