Holiday Shopping Promotion

Old Nov 14, 04, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Holiday Shopping Promotion

Just wanted to give you folks a heads up on a great holiday promotion that will help you get through your shopping list with double miles, courtesy of
AAdvantage eShopping and MasterCard. It's so simple, you don't even have to register! The promotion will go live sometime tomorrow and run through
December 31. To participate, just go to www.aadvantageeshopping.com where you can click through to the sites of roughly 100 name-brand merchants ready to make your gift-giving a snap. During the promotion period, you will earn double miles on all MasterCard transactions at the AAdvantage
eShopping mall. (And of course if the MasterCard you use happens to be a Citi/AAdvantage MasterCard; you'll rack up even more miles!) There are other
neat features of the promotion, such as a Sweepstakes grand prize of 1,000,000 miles, and the opportunity to earn up to 10,000 bonus miles for meeting certain total spending goals with 25 featured merchants. Since all the details won't be on AA.com until tomorrow, I didn't want anyone finishing their holiday shopping today and missing out on this wonderful opportunity.

Happy Holidays!
Old Nov 14, 04, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Thanks for the tip!

I usually do my Aadvantage e-shopping on weekends, but will wait until I see this promotion kick off.
Old Nov 14, 04, 8:45 pm

Speaking of double miles for aadvantageshopping.com. does anyone know when the double miles for the previous promo (MULTL) should post? I received credit for a purchase, but not the MULTL bonus.
Old Nov 14, 04, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, TG, US, Priority Club, HHonors, Club Carlson, etc.
Originally Posted by honu
Speaking of double miles for aadvantageshopping.com. does anyone know when the double miles for the previous promo (MULTL) should post? I received credit for a purchase, but not the MULTL bonus.
For a circuitcity.com purchase made on August 12, I received my standard miles on September 28 and my MULTL miles on October 22. I'm still waiting for my peoplepc bonus -- I received my 3,000 miles just one day after my 3rd billing on Oct 18 ($32.85 for 3,000 miles) but have not yet received my MULTL bonus 3,000 miles. Hopefully I get it before the Nov 17 billing -- that would make it $32.85 for 6,000 miles ($0.005475/mile) instead of $43.80 (which is still a good deal at just $0.0073/mile).
Old Nov 15, 04, 12:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by honu
my double miles for mAAcys.com posted AAges AAgo.
Old Nov 15, 04, 10:17 am

This is a great deal if you were going to spend at any of the merchants anyway. I need to purchase a low-end computer from Dell and it looks like it will be worth about 12,000 miles with the threshhold bonus included. Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 04, 10:47 am
LRD

Programs: AA LT Plat/6MM, MVP 75K, Marriott LT Titanium
A convenient link...

Details
Old Nov 15, 04, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Question to Your AADvantage Voice re Holiday Shopping Promo!

With respect to the Holdiay Shopping Promo FF mile bonuses for threshold reached -- $250, $500 or $1,000 -- must this be combined spending at each designated holiday shopping merchant, or can be they be a combined total among all of the merchants??

T & C

3. Members will receive a one-time threshold bonus based on total dollars spent with the 25 featured holiday merchants using a valid MasterCard card as the form of payment. A single bonus based on the combined purchases will be either 2,500 miles for $250, 5,000 miles for $500, or 10,000 miles for $1,000 spent. The threshold bonus is determined from combined qualifying purchases during the promotion period with the 25 featured merchants. For a complete list of the featured holiday merchants, please visit www.aa.com/holidayshopping.

Thank you!!
Old Nov 15, 04, 2:40 pm

Dell is not a participant in the treshhold bonus program so you wouldn't get 10,000 of those miles.

Originally Posted by flytoeat
I need to purchase a low-end computer from Dell and it looks like it will be worth about 12,000 miles with the threshhold bonus included. Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 04, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I read it as a grand total of all merchants participating.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
With respect to the Holdiay Shopping Promo FF mile bonuses for threshold reached -- $250, $500 or $1,000 -- must this be combined spending at each designated holiday shopping merchant, or can be they be a combined total among all of the merchants??

Thank you!!
It's not going to be a problem for me to do this. In fact I've already made a substantial start. It is very likely I won't have to shop at a mall at all this year! Yeah!!!
Old Nov 15, 04, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by wrose99
Dell is not a participant in the treshhold bonus program so you wouldn't get 10,000 of those miles.
And right you are; looks like maybe Office Max purchases are in order. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Nov 16, 04, 1:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Unhappy It's not fair !!

Want / need a new laptop - ideal opportunity to earn a bonus 10K miles plus the 2 miles per $ .... but my Mastercard is registered in the UK ... so no go - they are quite happy for me to pick it up in-store and pay with it then - but not order on line and collect from store .... any ideas anyone ???
Old Nov 16, 04, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Exclamation It Definitely Is Combined Purchases!!

Although AA.Com is unclear, the MC site is not!!

Offer Details

You’ll earn double AAdvantage miles on all valid MasterCard® card purchases when you shop with over 90 brand name merchants at the AAdvantage eShopping mall. And when shopping with the 25 featured holiday merchants, you can earn up to 10,000 bonus miles! To participate, you must be an AAdvantage member. If you’re not already an AAdvantage member, you can sign up for a free membership online at www.aa.com or by calling AAdvantage Customer service at 1-800-882-8880.

How Do I Get It?

Use your MasterCard card to shop at www.aadvantageeshopping.com/holiday between now and December 31, 2004. Earn AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent.

http://www.mastercard.com/cgi-bin/in...src%3Dmcsopage
Terms & conditions

AAdvantage® members must complete transactions with the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall, using a valid MasterCard® card as the form of payment, between November 15, 2004 and December 31, 2004, to be eligible for the double miles bonus and threshold bonus. For transactions using forms of payment other than a valid MasterCard card, no bonus miles wil be awarded. To participate, you must be an AAdvantage member. If you’re not already an AAdvantage member, you can sign up for a free membership online at www.aa.com or by calling AAdvantage Customer service at 1-800-882-8880. The double mile bonus will be awarded for each qualifying transaction with the AAdvantage eShopping mall using a valid Masterard card; members will receive a one-time bonus equal to the total miles credited for each transaction. Members will receive a one-time threshold bonus based on total dollars spent with the 25 featured holiday merchants using a valid MasterCard card as the form of payment. A single bonus based on the combined purchasess will be either 2,500 miles for $250, 5,000 miles for $500, or 10,0000 miles for $1,000 spent. The threshold bonus is determined from combined qualifying purchases during the promotion period with the 25 featured holiday merchants. For a complete list of the featured holiday merchants, please visit www.aadvantageeeshopping.com/holiday. Bonus miles earned will be posted to your AAdvantage account 12 weeks after the promotion ends (or March 31, 2005). Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. For a complete description of the AAdvantage eShopping program terms and conditions visit http://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/.

http://www.mastercard.com/us/special...advantage.html

Yay!!
Old Nov 16, 04, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
2,500 - 10,000 bonus miles for shopping online

I just found this last night and I see that somebody already beat me to the punch. Though IMO you should re-word the subject line as "holiday shopping promo" does not really do justice to this promo.

Example: Spend $1000 at Lands End. You receive:

+ 3K miles (3 miles per $ at Lands End)
+ 3K bonus (double miles for using MC)
+ 10K bonus miles (per AA promo detailed in this thread)
+ 1K miles for using Citi AA MC

Total: 17K miles. Tremendous! Particularly for those of us who were already planning to order gifts and clothes.

The other nice feature is that you can aggregate your purchases and don't have to spend it all at one merchant to get the 2.5/5/10K bonus.
Old Nov 16, 04, 7:15 pm

Darn, ordered a $2K computer from Dell this morning before I saw this post. Double Darn. But I need to order a $2K laptop from Sony, so everything works out?

Search this Thread