BA F Class Lounge Access at LHR for EXP?

Old Nov 10, 04, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 5M
BA F Class Lounge Access at LHR for EXP?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer - apologies in advance.

I'm traveling BOS-LHR-ARN next week with an unavoidable 4 hour layover at LHR. LHR-ARN is on BA departing Terminal 1. I'm aware of the Terraces lounge there. Is there an F-class lounge in T1 and will I as an EXP be allowed in? I have been denied at other BA F-class lounges on occassion (YYZ for example).

RKDuke
Old Nov 10, 04, 10:44 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Yes, and yes.

The admittance will be smoother if you have your current EXP card with you.
Old Nov 10, 04, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 5M
Where is the F lounge in T1 Spiff and what is it called?
I'll have my EXP card - no problem.
Thanks.
RKDuke
Old Nov 10, 04, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's through the same entrance as the BA Terraces lounge - just turn left once through the main door instead of right. If that doesn't help, head for the main shopping area and you should see signs for the BA Terraces Lounge - it's near the branch of Boot's the Chemist., behind an area where there is normally some sort of sales promotion exhibition.
Old Nov 10, 04, 5:06 pm

I was these in mid-Oct. The agent there was not sure whether I should be allowed into the F section with my Emerald OW status. On some prodding on my part and on checking with another agent she finally let me in. Else she was keen that I go into the Terraces.

Originally Posted by Spiff
Yes, and yes.

The admittance will be smoother if you have your current EXP card with you.
To be precise, the absence of the EXP card will make acccess highly unlikely. In short, dont forget the card at home / carry an expired card as some one else posted a couple of days back.
Old Nov 10, 04, 8:31 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
a few years ago, i got directed to the terrace by a gate keeper...probably should have pushed the issue, but was tired,[so was wife], so we went in. had card etc.
Old Nov 10, 04, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clacko
a few years ago, i got directed to the terrace by a gate keeper...probably should have pushed the issue, but was tired,[so was wife], so we went in. had card etc.
A few years ago there was no F-section at the T1 LHR BA lounge.
Old Nov 11, 04, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
First Class Lounge at T1 Heathrow

The first class lounge is, indeed new, because, until recently, T1 was used for intra-Europe flights which don't have first class sections; that changed with BA's reorganization of its ops at Heathrow. Previous posters are absolutely correct that the receptionist will almost invariably ask for your EXP card rather than rely on the boarding pass. In previous threads the explanation has been given that BA's computer system isn't linked with AA's and that BA claims that it's necessary to see the card since your Emerald status will show on their boarding passes if the ticket was booked when you had Emerald status, even if it expired by the time of travel. Posters claim that if you really push the receptionists they will call the LHR Admirals Club which can ascertain your status immediately.
Old Nov 11, 04, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by RKDuke
I'm traveling BOS-LHR-ARN next week with an unavoidable 4 hour layover at LHR. LHR-ARN is on BA departing Terminal 1. I'm aware of the Terraces lounge there. Is there an F-class lounge in T1 and will I as an EXP be allowed in? I have been denied at other BA F-class lounges on occassion (YYZ for example).

RKDuke
Yes, I travel through LHR T1, T3, and T4 quite often, and was just there this past Tuesday. You will have access to the T1 First lounge with your EXP card, however you CANNOT get a massage (long haul flights only) but you can use the showers.
Old Nov 11, 04, 9:15 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
To get a massage, you need to be one or more of the following: BA Gold, QF Platinum, or flying in F on BA.
Old Nov 11, 04, 9:59 am

Programs: AF, BA, LH, EK, IHG, HH, SPG, Hertz, RCCL
To get a massage, you need to be one or more of the following: BA Gold, QF Platinum, or flying in F on BA.
flying longhaul J on BA will also get you in the Molton Brown spa for the massage (located between the F lounge and the Terraces in T1 and next to the F lounge in T4)
Old Nov 11, 04, 10:14 am

Unless your long haul BA flight in J is to Miami....
Old Nov 11, 04, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jani
flying longhaul J on BA will also get you in the Molton Brown spa for the massage
That's the policy IME.
Old Nov 11, 04, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If you can wheel and deal your way into the BA Arrivals lounge at T4 using BA Gold status or BA long-haul business/first travel, then you can also get the spa treatment -- since once into the Arrivals lounge, the Spa personnel don't look at your boarding pass/card.

On the departure lounge side, the Spa has more vigorous gatekeepers and you will need a boarding pass (and perhaps a BA Gold card) to avail yourself to the spa treatments which are only available to long-haul J/F passengers and BA Gold members themselves.

[Are QF business/first long-haul travellers still permitted to use the Arrivals and Departure facilities for spa treatments too? Perhaps some more regular QF fliers could share their experiences.]
Old Nov 11, 04, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To get a massage by virtue of QF Platinum status, you have to be travelling on Qantas.

I believe that J/F QF passengers are entitled to massages along with the J/F BA pasengers

Dave

Search this Thread