Weird AA pricing

Old Nov 9, 04, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Weird AA pricing

I am currently overseas ad I had to book a short return trip home in the middle of current trip (nested ticket). The original nested ticket was FRA to CPH, then a few days later CPH to EWR, then a few days later EWR back to DXB. The price was $7700 for a full fare J ticket. I needed to change the departure from FRA to DXB, since I didn't make it up to Germany as planned, and was quoted a new fare of $11500 for full J, and said forget it. I then called back about 15 minutes later, inquired about the SAME change and was quoted $8800. Thinking this odd, I called back a few hours later was quoted $7400, plus 3 of the segments were International FUP fares. I don't know why the inconsistent pricing for the same exact flights.

BTW, this is the first time I ever had an FUP fare (J to F at J pricing), but I just booked a few more flights, and also got them as FUP, so maybe this is something new. The only downside to the FUP is no standby permitted. I am assuming that means no standby for getting an F seat, but you can standby for a J seat.

Search this Thread