FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Transcon Dinner (F) : BOS-SFO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/369978-transcon-dinner-f-bos-sfo.html)

freeupgrade Nov 8, 2004 6:34 pm

Transcon Dinner (F) : BOS-SFO

Flew AA 197 last Fri. in F: BOS-SFO.

All I can say is - wow. Was very disappointed in portion sizes and quality.
This was a dinner flight.

Especially for a transcon. - was very surprised.

I had not done a dinner transcon in a long, long time - and went into it with lowered expectations, yet geez:

1. 1 tiny toll (more like a bread stick) offered.
2. Salad was plain - just lettuce and dressing.
3. The meat was awful - got sick right after eating a couple of bites of it.
4. Portion sizes of vergetable (some sliced onion) and mashed potatoes was a joke.
4. No drink refills offered until 15 minutes prior to landing in SFO - despite ringing call button numerous times.

very, very sad.

:( :( :(

ajacpril Nov 8, 2004 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
4. No drink refills offered until 15 minutes prior to landing in SFO - despite ringing call button numerous times.

So, did no one show up when you rang the call button? :( or did they take your request and not action it :mad: ?

observer Nov 8, 2004 6:42 pm

No hot nuts? :)

Presumably the offered ice cream sundaes (or the new ready-made and tasty ice cream dish), no?

freeupgrade Nov 8, 2004 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by ajacpril
So, did no one show up when you rang the call button? :( or did they take your request and not action it :mad: ?

Had to ring 3 or 4 times before someone showed - guess I was interrupting ongoing galley party.

freeupgrade Nov 8, 2004 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by observer

Presumably the offered ice cream sundaes (or the new ready-made and tasty ice cream dish), no?

well, i must admit, that was the good news - the real sundaes showed up. :)

my undrestanding is they now only show up on transcons and intls.?

ajacpril Nov 8, 2004 6:54 pm

Have not seen the ice-cream dish yet. What it is?

Originally Posted by observer

mwp2paris Nov 8, 2004 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by ajacpril
Have not seen the ice-cream dish yet. What it is?

What it is is pathetic.

fly co to see the yanks Nov 8, 2004 10:31 pm

thAAts why it pAAys to bring your own grub on board.... you won't be disAApointed.

even in first, i bring my own vittels. then, if something is good by chance, i stAAsh my brown bAAg. if the food s*cks, i have a yummy meAAl.

i don't hAAve to deAAl with one pAAt of butter AAnd lousy grub. i get to eAAt whAAt i wAAnt to eAAt. period.

the dAAys of getting AA lAArge AA*s on the AAirline's lAArgesse AAre over.

bkkth Nov 8, 2004 10:54 pm

I'm sorry but...

If they don't answer the call button, why don't you get up and ask for a refull? Duh!

freeupgrade Nov 8, 2004 11:31 pm

Excuse Me....

Originally Posted by bkkth
If they don't answer the call button, why don't you get up and ask for a refull? Duh!

The reason is that I don't work for AA - imagine, expecting an FA to respond to a call button light when rang 3-4 times in F. What a concept and what nerve I had. Not to mention the fact that I had a window on the lovely 757, and the aisle person was sound asleep, and I didn't feel like knocking him in the kness to climb over him.

FlyAO2 Nov 9, 2004 6:15 am

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
The reason is that I don't work for AA - imagine, expecting an FA to respond to a call button light when rang 3-4 times in F. What a concept and what nerve I had. Not to mention the fact that I had a window on the lovely 757, and the aisle person was sound asleep, and I didn't feel like knocking him in the kness to climb over him.

Trying to change the world doesn't get you anywhere....if you got up once to ask for a refill and express your disapproval that no one was responding to you, the next time they would have shown up. Again, it shouldn't be like that, but if you try to get things to work in principle, the only person who gets screwed is you (ie boiling mad the whole flight with no beverage).